Building The New HMS Endeavour By Artesania Latina Video Log

I would like some opinions from the group please.
From the start, I wanted to plank the hull in a manner that didn't require any filler. Nice tight seams. I wanted the planks to be seen. I wanted it to look "real"
For the most part, I achieved the no filler part. That gap at the stem will need to be addressed, but overall, a pretty decent planking job.
And while I still have a lot of touch up to do, (and final painting)
I would like to know if what I have translates to proper planking lines or if it just looks like sloppy work.
I really want honest opinions here. I have no issues with filling the lines in and repainting.
I also feel as if the white is a little too stark and will likely end up toning it down with a wash of some sorts.
I have also chosen yellow ochre India ink for for the trim vs the suggested bright yellow in the manual and on the replica in Australia, but not 100% sold yet.
So, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

View attachment 327914

View attachment 327915

View attachment 327916

View attachment 327917

View attachment 327918

View attachment 327919
The only time I painted the lower hull to represent tallow, I added a bit of brown and a bit more ochre to the white base. It made for a less stark white and, perhaps, a bit more realistic color.

Model Shipways sells a tallow acrylic (https://modelexpo-online.com/1-Oz-Hull-Tallow_p_1027.html). It seems a bit too yellowed for me. It might look good on a weathered hull though.

Work on the hull continues. Although the instructions do not call for it, I added that little detail to protect the hull from the anchor (sorry, I don't know what its really called.)
The tree nails ended up a little out of scale, but I'll survive. Overall I'm pleased with it so far. Not up to some of the SOS standards I've seen here, but my best hull to date for sure.

20220919_150005.jpg

Work on the hull continues. Although the instructions do not call for it, I added that little detail to protect the hull from the anchor (sorry, I don't know what its really called.)
The tree nails ended up a little out of scale, but I'll survive. Overall I'm pleased with it so far. Not up to some of the SOS standards I've seen here, but my best hull to date for sure.

View attachment 329356
Your planking and painting turned out well. Nice job.

View attachment 329356
Good morning Jamie. Lovely planking for sure. The wales, planking pattern and painting are stunning. I personally love all the extra details (they are also fun to make). Cheers Grant

How did you get the color of the wood? If you fill this gap, nothing will happen. The pull-in reinforcements look tacky. It is a pity that by devoting so much time you prepared so poorly for the construction. There are publications that show this ship to the screw.

Endavour bok.jpg

kolkowanie.jpg

On one of my Endeavors it looks like this.

20220929_065523.jpg

Last edited:
How did you get the color of the wood? If you fill this gap, nothing will happen. The pull-in reinforcements look tacky. It is a pity that by devoting so much time you prepared so poorly for the construction. There are publications that show this ship to the screw.

View attachment 331168

View attachment 331169

On one of my Endeavors it looks like this.

View attachment 331172
If you think its tacky now, wait til you see it with the purple polka dots and pink flowers I'm painting on it now. It will be EPIC!

I wrote that the anchor bolt reinforcement looks cheesy, not the whole thing. You wanted honest evaluations. The rest of the work was done nicely and clean. The layout of the boards, as you did, you did. It's hard.

I asked politely how did you get the color of the wood. You did not answer.

dziob endeavour.jpg
As something already shows, do it with accuracy, and not on your back, you will throw photos on which nothing can be seen.
ooo.jpg

Have you heard of these molding tools? You asked yourself to finish you off :)
https://artesanialatina.net/en/micr...-plastic-models-miniatures-8421426273007.html
https://artesanialatina.net/en/micr...tic-models-miniatures-tool-8421426273014.html

Last edited:
I wrote that the anchor bolt reinforcement looks cheesy, not the whole thing. You wanted honest evaluations. The rest of the work was done nicely and clean. The layout of the boards, as you did, you did. It's hard.

I asked politely how did you get the color of the wood. You did not answer.
Your comments do not come across as polite nor constructive, And there will be no more said about it.

Wow, it is like a spaceship! I assume the parts are printed on a 3D printer? As for the rope itself, it does look promising, I believe it has to be a bit tighter, but that's my subjective opinion. ;)

Back