Burmese rice boat

Rich you seem to be the only person to say anything and i thank you for it. I think now the bulk of the work is done rudder,bollards maybe a carving or two still to be done. Now i can sit back and think how to improve things. Now i will need to learn how make proper fittings e.g the top mast will be shortened and proper loops/blocks will be made (loops could use end of fish hooks blocks learn to make) so still plenty to do. Rigging most of it correct but need some blocks but i think now i have a fair idea,what you see is only a mockup the copper wire will be replaced with rigging rope where it is attached to the scuppers i think it should be attached to the deck or hull. Now need to hunt for material.
Using wire as a test and precursor to your final rigging is a great idea! It gives you a very good idea of how the mast and yard are coordinated which will be essential to making and bending the sail. I relate to your rice boat with my own Kyrenia Bronze Age reconstruction approach. I enjoy watching your progress and posting of the steps along the way. RIch (PT-2)

Have started building the hull dimensions mainly taken from photo's does anyone have a good source for plans the pic shows a Burmese junk but it is actually a rice boat
Hallo @Henry x
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Did you finish the rice boat in the meantime? Maybe you have an update for us

Back