CAF-HMS FLY 1776 1:48

donfarr

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

JUST AMAZING WHAT MODERN TECH. CAN DO TO HELP US THE INTERMEDIATE< NOVICE AND FIRST TIME SCRATCH BUILDERS, IS THERE ANY SERVICE THAT CAN DO 3-D DRAWINGS FOR A FEE IF THEY HAVE THE PLANS OR WOULD IT BE COST PROHIBITED. Don

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

It is looking very interesting - the single frames are more complicated to make than the double frames :cool:

donfarr

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

COULD YOU EXPLAIN THE TERM SHIFTED FRAMES, NOT FAMILAR WITH THAT TERMINOLOGY. THANKS Don

AnobiumPunctatum

Hi Don,

the following snippet shows the shifted top timber of a frame.
Shifted toptimber.jpg

To build such a frame, you have the different thikness of the futtocks and also thicker piece of wood to create the shift. The completed frame is a shifted frame.
Hope this helps

zoly99sask

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Hi Don,

the following snippet shows the shifted top timber of a frame.
View attachment 123472

To build such a frame, you have the different thikness of the futtocks and also thicker piece of wood to create the shift. The completed frame is a shifted frame.
Hope this helps
Interesting!

bartley

No need to apologise, I agree with you 100%
I have purchased Passaro's Syren and I have also purchased CAFModel's HMS Enterprize- Why? Because I can and I wanted to, and it was my money and I have the freedom to pursue my happiness as I please.
I used to be on that 'other' forum but I was sick of Chuck's personal vendetta against competitors to his own business venture- and those who did not support his own views ...and I was not happy with how Chuck treated our SoS friend Rob Wilson (AKA: Shipbuilder).
So I quit that site.
Much nicer people here anyway.

bartley

I do not understand all these comments about CAF and MSW. They are a sponsor on that site so preumably they are accepted by them as ligitimate.

John

Last edited:

donfarr

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

YOU BET ZOLY, IT SURE IS, and i agree with JOHN 110%. Don

zoly99sask

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

I do not understand all these comments about CAF and MSW. They are a sponsor on that site so preumably they are accepted by them as ligitimate.

John
Also you need to ask yourself a question ,based on what ground Caf got accepted there??And who are they anyway that they can decide what is legit or not??