CAF-HMS FLY 1776 1:48

JUST AMAZING WHAT MODERN TECH. CAN DO TO HELP US THE INTERMEDIATE< NOVICE AND FIRST TIME SCRATCH BUILDERS, IS THERE ANY SERVICE THAT CAN DO 3-D DRAWINGS FOR A FEE IF THEY HAVE THE PLANS OR WOULD IT BE COST PROHIBITED. Don

It is looking very interesting - the single frames are more complicated to make than the double frames :cool:

Hi Don,

the following snippet shows the shifted top timber of a frame.
View attachment 123472

To build such a frame, you have the different thikness of the futtocks and also thicker piece of wood to create the shift. The completed frame is a shifted frame.
Hope this helps
Interesting!

No need to apologise, I agree with you 100%
I have purchased Passaro's Syren and I have also purchased CAFModel's HMS Enterprize- Why? Because I can and I wanted to, and it was my money and I have the freedom to pursue my happiness as I please.
I used to be on that 'other' forum but I was sick of Chuck's personal vendetta against competitors to his own business venture- and those who did not support his own views ...and I was not happy with how Chuck treated our SoS friend Rob Wilson (AKA: Shipbuilder).
So I quit that site.
Much nicer people here anyway.

I do not understand all these comments about CAF and MSW. They are a sponsor on that site so preumably they are accepted by them as ligitimate.

John

Last edited:
I do not understand all these comments about CAF and MSW. They are a sponsor on that site so preumably they are accepted by them as ligitimate.

John
Also you need to ask yourself a question ,based on what ground Caf got accepted there??And who are they anyway that they can decide what is legit or not??

Back