CAF-HMS FLY 1776 1:48

Yes you could Zolly,possibly we can discuss with Tom via PM and ask him of his intentions?Only then can we move forward with the appropriate course of action.Dave's suggestion is a brilliant one.

Kind Regards

Nigel

JUST ONE WORD TO GREG, MY APOLIGZES TO YOU FOR MY TONE, IT WAS NOT WARENTED YOUR INPUT HERE WOULD BE VERY WELCOME YOU COULD HELP BOTH NOVICES AND INTERMEDIATE BUILDERS Don

JUST ONE WORD TO GREG, MY APOLIGZES TO YOU FOR MY TONE, IT WAS NOT WARENTED YOUR INPUT HERE WOULD BE VERY WELCOME YOU COULD HELP BOTH NOVICES AND INTERMEDIATE BUILDERS Don
No need to apologise, I agree with you 100%
I have purchased Passaro's Syren and I have also purchased CAFModel's HMS Enterprize- Why? Because I can and I wanted to, and it was my money and I have the freedom to pursue my happiness as I please.
I used to be on that 'other' forum but I was sick of Chuck's personal vendetta against competitors to his own business venture- and those who did not support his own views ...and I was not happy with how Chuck treated our SoS friend Rob Wilson (AKA: Shipbuilder).
So I quit that site.
Much nicer people here anyway.

I have purchased Passaro's Syren and I have also purchased CAFModel's HMS Enterprize- Why? Because I can and I wanted to, and it was my money and I have the freedom to pursue my happiness as I please.
I used to be on that 'other' forum but I was sick of Chuck's personal vendetta against competitors to his own business venture- and those who did not support his own views ...and I was not happy with how Chuck treated our SoS friend Rob Wilson (AKA: Shipbuilder).
So I quit that site.
Ok,but this post is not about that person,lets keep this under control.

no we are not removing your post its called freedom of speach

but lets get back to something else

even I get confused putting topics in the right category and being an international site we are mindful of how thing read sometimes what is said is not meant
I screwed up with Thomas Edison drawings showing one thing and talking about something different.

I too look forward to CAF's interpretation of this lovely little full rugged ship. It is near and dear to my heart, having spent over a decade building one of the ships in her class. I do believe CAF when he says he is working from the original NMM plans. I would just point out, however, that when you purchase NMM plans you agree to use them for your own research or to build a model based on them. If you use the NMM plans to develop a new kit for commercial sale, however, they charge a Royalty fee which is generally negotiated between the purchaser and the NMM. We, Admiralty Models, did this over a decade ago when we purchased their plans in order to develop a set of our own for sale. This agreement benefited both us and the NMM. The argument that one is developing their own set of plans from the NMM plans and is therefore completely original is fallacious because the new plans could not be developed without the original NMM plans. We're not talking about Constitutions or Victories here but new, original plans for newly developed commercial kits. The NMM is very protective of their plans and if they learn that new projects are being developed without prior Royalty arrangements then I fear our ability to access them will be hampered in the future and all ship modelers will suffer the consequences.
Hi
Thank you very much. I didn't think these ancient drawings were copyrighted, but I understand now. Thank you for reminding me. I will solve these problems

Although there are many problems, I think they can be solved

Kind Regards

Tom of CAF

if CAF models wants to offer a kit from the Swan Class the Kingfisher is available

as far as pirating that is not going to happen i can step in and arrange a deal with the Hahn estate and CAF models for a kit based on the Hahn drawings yes there will be a royalty but it is very reasonable
Hi DAVE
Thank you very much for your help
Cooperation helps everyone

Kind Regards

Tom of CAF

THANK YOU VERY MUCH JOHN A, I have much more to say but will hold off for now to see what develops, I too was very angry because of them trying to intimidate a good friend of mine and a GREAT HELP TO THIS HOBBY. THANKS TO ALL Don

Hi John
So I quit that site.
Hi John
Decal's in the mail. It's free

Kind Regards

Tom of CAF

Hi
Thank you very much. I didn't think these ancient drawings were copyrighted, but I understand now. Thank you for reminding me. I will solve these problems

Although there are many problems, I think they can be solved

Kind Regards

Tom of CAF

all this copyright stuff is very murky and questionable.
one time I was researching the records of a master shipwright that was working in a government ship yard this was way back around 1830s well first it was a government yard and the government is for the people and by the people and a government yard. SO those records are government property right? the property of the people. The historical society that held the records claimed copyright on them only because they were part of their collection. I challenged that notion and won.
needless to say I got the records.

and another a dive team discovers a shipwreck of a naval ship, they record all the dimensions of the wreck and draw up a set of hull lines for the shape of the hull. Then someone makes a kit of that ship and a fight breaks out because the dive company claims a copyright of the hull. It's a government ship its design it owned by the navy besides I can pay 10$ and get the drawings from the National archives.

this shows reasons SOS takes a hands off stand on copyrights, we just do not know and do not claim to know.

in the future if you have questions or need research that is what we are here for we may not have the answers but we can try to find out for you.

Hi Dave

I understand what you mean. I think maybe everyone is right, just from different perspectives. Now there are two options: 1 and 2, but I think we may also create a 3 that everyone can be satisfied with.

I hope I can make this clear

I love SOS because he can listen to different opinions. He gives me a stage to show

Kind Regards

Tom of CAF

Back