CAF-HMS FLY 1776 1:48

Hi Tom,

which drawing do you placed behind my reconstruction? It's not HM Sloop Fly. This are some of the small differences between the ships of the class.

Very impressed by your research and hard work. This also shows the point I have been thinking regarding use of FREE historical information to develop a model kit. It is sad that some people in the hobby continue to try and restrict fair use and innovation only for their own greedy reasons.

Bravo to CAF. By making these detailed CAD drawings you are doing more for the preservation of history than any of the people who seek to defame you. Keep up the great work!,

100% in agreement MIKE, well said, I have been advocating new technology for a couple of years now, also so tired of seeing 30 and 40 year old kits with very little changes these that do not go with modern TECH are going to go like A/L, grab hold of the new take advantage of modern tech. and see what happens, keep it going CAF and TRIDENT MODELS, BRAVO. Don

I'd better finish the design before discussing the copyright.
According to the plan, this kit will completely restore the construction of the real ship, which is very difficult. I will carry out production test on several key parts, and then I will purchase the commercial copyright after I have finished.

Yes, especially the large amount of historical data preserved by Britain and France (I haven't collected the data of other European countries) so it provides us with the basis for our production. China also had excellent ocean going ships in the 15th century, and now there are still descendants of the crew in Africa. Unfortunately, many wars and damages in modern China have lost a lot, of course, there are many other reasons.

Hallo my friend, Hallo @CAFmodel ,
we from SOS wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Looking forward to see much more models, scratch and kits -> Enjoy your special Day
Birthday-Cake

Back