La Belle - Caf Model 1:48 by Thomas Marocke [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thomas !
Very good work - it is really a very good model
The movable lids at the end with this clean and accurate execution were for me one of the highlights of this model - Very well done
Congratulations for finishing this model

Looking at the photo with the box of the Belle Poule - we can see how small the La Belle is in 1:48 and is showing us once more, how good your model was build

I am looking forward to your new building log of the Belle Poule - another Belle - another Beauty

Bonjour Thomas,
Je m'inspire de votre modèle pour construire le miens.
Peut-être vous m'indiquez votre méthode et les matériaux utilisés pour le clouage du plancher de la salle du capitaine.
Merci d'avance.

Hello Thomas,
I am inspired by your model to build mine.
Perhaps you tell me your method and the materials used for nailing the floor of the captain's room.
Thanks in advance.

Capture d’écran 2023-11-15 à 08.52.39.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Cathber

PB150003.JPG
Although I am familiar with the techniques of shipbuilding, I bought the translation of Bernard Frölich's book to understand everything more quickly. This inexpensive book also describes, for example, how to make the stove, the cooking pot and the ship's boat are also described.

PB150001.JPG
For the cabin of the La Belle I used wire from the roll 0,3 mm and hand drills. For other work and because the thin hand drills break of very easily, I also used sturdy cutters from Busch with nails from Dry-Dock Models.

PB150002.JPG
You have to search for a long time to find cheap drills or milling cutters, but it is possible.

Best regards
Thomas

Hello Cathber

View attachment 407179
Although I am familiar with the techniques of shipbuilding, I bought the translation of Bernard Frölich's book to understand everything more quickly. This inexpensive book also describes, for example, how to make the stove, the cooking pot and the ship's boat are also described.

View attachment 407180
For the cabin of the La Belle I used wire from the roll 0,3 mm and hand drills. For other work and because the thin hand drills break of very easily, I also used sturdy cutters from Busch with nails from Dry-Dock Models.

View attachment 407196
You have to search for a long time to find cheap drills or milling cutters, but it is possible.

Best regards
Thomas
It's good to see you back Thomas I was missing your raports on Belle Poule

Merci pour ces infos. J'ai déjà le livre 'l'art du modélisme' dans ma bibliothèque. Je le consulte mais quelque fois plusieurs explications en valent mieux qu'une.
Cdlt.

Thank you for this info. I already have the book 'the art of model making' in my library. I consult it but sometimes several explanations are better than one.
Cdlt.

Bonjour Thomas, je trouve trés élégante votre idée de présenter 'La belle' avec son canot.
Pouvez vous me donner la Longueur de ce canot ?
Merci d'avance et bonne journée.

Hello Thomas, I find your idea of presenting 'La belle' with her canoe very elegant.
Can you give me the length of this canoe?
Thank you in advance and good day.

SANY0869.jpg

Hello Cathber,

the ship's boat (canoe) has a length of 9,5 centimeters in a scale of 1:48. I reduced the 1:36 plans of the monograph at 75% to 1:48 using my own professional photocopier. Copy a ruler with the templates together and use it to check the copies. You may need to increase or decrease the scale by 1% to arrive at your calculated factor.

The drawings of the ship's boat are on plans 14 and 17.

Best regards
Thomas

Bonjour Thomas,
Cafmodel vend un canoë au 1/48 mais il fait 130mm de Long. N'ayant pas les moyens pour en fabriquer un à 9,5cm je vais faire un modèle papier pour voir si celui de CAF peut être compatible. Je vais sortir un peu de la monographie, main bon .....

Hello Thomas,
Cafmodel sells a 1/48 canoe but it is 130mm long. Not having the means to make one at 9.5cm, I'm going to make a paper model to see if the CAF one can be compatible. I'm going to get out of the monograph a bit, well.....

Hi Cathber, may be you should take a look at this site Drydock models and parts
MAy be the style will fit with your needs and the boat is 95 mm.

Bonjour Cathber, le site de Drydock models and parts offre un bateau de Pavel Nikitin de 95 mm. Il est peut-être compatible avec le style de votre navire.

Merci pour l'information, je vais réfléchir à ce modèle,
Il y a peut être une autre modèle que je vais étudier. Il s'agit d'un modèle de canot à l'échelle 1/64 qui fait 100mm. C'est une autre piste qui peut être interessante.

Thanks for the information, I'll think about this model,
There may be another model that I will study. This is a 1/64 scale canoe model that measures 100mm. This is another avenue that may be interesting.

Back