Caldercraft Steam Tug Imara 1/32nd scale by neptune

G'day Vince, I've had a look on my PC but cannot find any pics of fitting the rudder, from memory I remember fitting two brackets and drilling the holes through the hull and securing the prop tubes in place with car body filler, hope this helps you,

Best regards John,
Hi John thank you for the help regards vince

Hi John been looking at your pictures of your imara to help me build my own many good ideas you have the pictures are very helpful. Thank you for posting. Kind regards vince

Now I have finished my Borkum Steam Launch, I just have to wait to get time to take her to the pond,

I have decided to carry on with my Imara Tug, I don't have a lot of pics of the early construction as
they were lost when the MSW forum crashed a couple of times, the basic hull and super structure is
moulded fibre glass and quite strong, however there are a couple of weak spots on the superstructure
area so I used builders license to fix them, so I hope you enjoy the rest of the build,
I built the Imara second boat I ever built great Model kit I was really into tugs Looking for a good harbor Tug Kit Have not found one yet if i do i will build it

John frist best Wiskes for 2023 and I van tell hou that my Imara is almost finished and had a great support whit the pctures of Your Imara and . So I thank hou very much for viewing the building informatieontsluiting I coud use as much as possible. When the schip is finishes I Will put a picture on the forum and want Your opinieon, Regards Berucht

John frist best Wiskes for 2023 and I van tell hou that my Imara is almost finished and had a great support whit the pctures of Your Imara and . So I thank hou very much for viewing the building informatieontsluiting I coud use as much as possible. When the schip is finishes I Will put a picture on the forum and want Your opinieon, Regards Berucht
Thank you for the nice comments Berucht, and I look forward to seeing your finished ship,
Best regards John,

NEPTUNE
Wow, I love those pictures.
I’m a tug lover and “Imara” is my favorite. It is a very intricate model with a “thousand” parts, but when is all done, it is a very impressive and elegant looking tug.
I have a few of them in my closet and also scratch building the “Statia Reliant”.
121C296D-6BE0-4D91-856C-BB7F818EB462.jpeg
B603B8F2-BAB7-4CC8-8503-9DE89D47348B.jpeg
6227327A-81E7-43F8-B096-89FD2914FCC7.jpeg3F0D434A-1452-42CA-8A8E-8D6DB287A384.jpeg

Last edited:
NEPTUNE
Wow, I love those pictures.
I’m a tug lover and “Imara” is my favorite. It is a very intricate model with a “thousand” parts, but when is all done, it is a very impressive and elegant looking tug.
I have a few of them in my closet and also scratch building the “Statia Reliant”.
View attachment 348676
View attachment 348677
View attachment 348687View attachment 348688
Thank you for your nice comments, your tugs look really good, and I really enjoy the framing stage of the build where you can see the shape of the tug emerging, thank you for sharing,
Best regards John,

Thank You Neptune
Thank you for your nice comments, your tugs look really good, and I really enjoy the framing stage of the build where you can see the shape of the tug emerging, thank you for sharing,
Best regards John,
Neptune I saw your mesage earlier, at the same time when you wrote it because I also have lots of trouble sleeping.
I found a few more pics of my tug.
Maybe I pick it up again and create a building log for everyone to see.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpgstaiaexpress1.jpg

Last edited:
I’m planning to make her R/C.
I have all the components. She will be a twin screw with kort nozzles.

Thank You Neptune

Neptune I saw your mesage earlier, at the same time when you wrote it because I also have lots of trouble sleeping.
I found a few more pics of my tug.
Maybe I pick it up again and create a building log for everyone to see.
View attachment 348931View attachment 348932View attachment 348933
View attachment 348934View attachment 348935View attachment 348936View attachment 348937View attachment 348938View attachment 348939View attachment 348940
Very unique shape, just love it, well done, a build log would be great,
Best regards John

Hallo @Berucht
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
(John: sorry to misuse your topic for the greetings, I hope it is ok for you)

Back