Szkutnik Carved Ship Decorations - made by SZKUTNIK

Ahoy!

A QUESTION BEFORE YOU HAVE A 10 YEAR BACK LOG DO YOU HAVE TIME FOR THE HARBOR DREDGE DISCUSSION

DON - The Harbor Dredge was my training model for learning Rhinoceros software. Simple hull shape, the small quantity of details. This is a VIRTUAL MODEL. I have not made this model from wood by now. But if you will need to your model of the harbor dredger some parts ( for example wheels)........... I will try to help you.
a0.jpga1.jpga2.jpga3.jpga4.jpg

Nobody is making a dredge as a kit. We only see finished models at the shows in France . It would be a great model please think about it

Kurt@ - What is your price for a full set of the carvings to model SotS in scale 1:84? :)

From the technical side there is no problem, but I need about 3 years to do it. The quality as shown below bow figures for the model VASA.
View attachment 160554

I think, that it's better to design a completely new kit HMS "Sovereign of the Seas" in scale 1:72 than make all the carvings in 1:84.
I would pay approximately $400.00 USD (I mean no insult but I have no idea how to price such incredible workmanship, so price is still negotiable) for a fine set of carvings based on Payne's drawings, as depicted in John McKay's recent book, including carvings for brackets, timberheads, hull, coach deck and beakhead bulkheads, and even the tack fairlead. I have a couple figureheads from Amati and DeAgostini already, so unless you think those might clash with your work, you might leave that one out. I was asking for 1:84 because my build will use much of the DeAgostini kit which I already own. I was planning on using the Amati castings, but yours leave them parsecs behind. I imagine that small carvings in 1:84 may need to be made in resin instead of wood to provide smooth details?

Last edited:
HI KRIS, AS WE ORIGINALLY TALKED ABOUT I WOULD NEED THE WHEELS A BUILDING JIG,( WOULD NOT DO A POF WITH OUT A JIG, AND THE FRAMES NOT IN ONE PIECE BUT AS THE PLANS CALL FOR LET ME KNOW PLEASE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Ahoy!

DON - The Harbor Dredge was my training model for learning Rhinoceros software. Simple hull shape, the small quantity of details. This is a VIRTUAL MODEL. I have not made this model from wood by now. But if you will need to your model of the harbor dredger some parts ( for example wheels)........... I will try to help you.
View attachment 161347View attachment 161348View attachment 161349View attachment 161350View attachment 161351
For everybody interested in this interesting dredge - please take a look at the Planset Review - following with photos showing the model made by Pierre Rouanne in scale 1:48

It is time to stash some money under the mattress , never expected a dredge as a model happy days

It is amazing, Uwe just happens to have the right background info at his fingertips This is what makes our group so valuable

YES IT IS JIM, IF KRIS WO I WOULD HAVE GONE WITH THE HARBOR DREDGE, EVEN THOUGH IN FRENCH ENGLISH TRANSLATION NOT DONE YEY THE PLANS ARE SUFECENT TO DO THE MODEL. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE DON

Ahoy!

Circa 1770-1800 were many types of English cannon. I need exact drawings of cannons. Write the name of the model for which you need a cannons.

Thanks for this. It sounds like a great solution.

I'm not quite ready yet (still putting up the frames!!) so will research and get back to you when the time is right. The ship is HMS Medea (1778) - a sister ship to HMS Enterprise which is done in kit form on this forum.

In the near future I will be getting the items necessary to start building the 1:78 Panart HMS Victory . I would like to know if it's possible to replicate the stern in more detail than the model gives you. I would appreciate any information you can give me on this matter.

Ahoy!
RZ Flyer@.... - HMS VICTORY ?????? Recently, we have received about a dozen questions about the decors for the model HMS Victory. Panart/Sergal/Mantua in scale 1:78, Corel 1:98, Mamoli 1:90, De Agostini 1:84, ......... in the future Amati in scale 1:64.

We decided to design and to perform the decoration of the stern and the figurehead to the model HMS VICTORY. I expect the product to be available at Christmas time.

I would like to know if it's possible to replicate the stern in more detail than the model gives you.

All Decors, figurehead, etc. are possible to design and perform FOR EACH OF MODEL. :)

What if I said there "might" be a new kit in the works for a VERY interesting ship that has NEVER had a kit. In-fact, there have been very few scratch built models even though it is very famous. What if I said we had plans from the Smithsonian for such a ship?

Ahhhh... it's just a dreamer's rumor. Is it?
Just noticed this item and after I have finished the last two decks of my HMS Victory project SS Great Britain will be my next project, built in my own way. Even went to Bristol to view last week. It's complicated, with so many versions.
Keep well
Paul

Back