Charles W. Morgan Build Log

I dabble in Taxidermy a bit well at least my own anyhow.Bass with Splash.jpg for water effects I use a product caller Polytranspar Artificial water or for small jobs I use Envirotech lite Pour-on they dry crystal clear is self leveling and can be colored very easily to simulate any type/color of water. I use it to create waves. and even used it to create a splash effect of a bass jumping out of the water with water streaming off the fish's fins, back and dripping off the fishing line. there used to be some plastic beads that could be heated till liquid spread out on sheet of foil to a desired shape then once hard you could peel it off set it in place and use a hair dryer to soften it to create the curl of water as the bass jumps out of the water you could also create ripples and drops once this was to your liking you pour enviroteck over it and the fish to make everything look wet and seal everything in its place. you can pour polytranspar and envirotech onto sheet goods like foil keep working it to a shape you want till it starts to set up then shape it how you want with a heat gun.

I dabble in Taxidermy a bit well at least my own anyhow. for water effects I use a product caller Polytranspar Artificial water or for small jobs I use Envirotech lite Pour-on they dry crystal clear is self leveling and can be colored very easily to simulate any type/color of water. I use it to create waves. and even used it to create a splash effect of a bass jumping out of the water with water streaming off the fish's fins, back and dripping off the fishing line. there used to be some plastic beads that could be heated till liquid spread out on sheet of foil to a desired shape then once hard you could peel it off set it in place and use a hair dryer to soften it to create the curl of water as the bass jumps out of the water you could also create ripples and drops once this was to your liking you pour enviroteck over it and the fish to make everything look wet and seal everything in its place. you can pour polytranspar and envirotech onto sheet goods like foil keep working it to a shape you want till it starts to set up then shape it how you want with a heat gun.

Thanks mate, thank great information.
I'm really in the design development of how I want the display to look when completed. Right now with all of the information available and such I'm leaning toward a small memorabilia collection and to display them as a unified set. Scrimshaw about the Morgan, First Day Postage Covers, and portraits of the Owner, Builders, and Masters/Captains.

Last edited:
I didn't want to high-jack another thread with this ... but it was commented about having an avatar ... any guesses as to what mine is specifically ... Here is a hint to get what might no be a clue to Captain obvious, it's a military medal ... the ribbon portion.

Mystic Seaport in CT, has plans available for the reconstruction / retrofit of the Morgan. They make those plans available for purchase from their archives. They are not cheap but, but fast than drawing or rescaling something else.

Model Shipways has a Kit of the Morgan ... their plans are copies of those of Mystic's ... Although it seems that there is also some sort of practicum included with the kit. that kit is in 3/16th" or 1:64 scale depending on how one looks at the wold of models.

Model Shipways has a Kit of the Morgan ... their plans are copies of those of Mystic's ... Although it seems that there is also some sort of practicum included with the kit. that kit is in 3/16th" or 1:64 scale depending on how one looks at the wold of models.

You might want to compare them I guess

I didn't want to high-jack another thread with this ... but it was commented about having an avatar ... any guesses as to what mine is specifically ... Here is a hint to get what might no be a clue to Captain obvious, it's a military medal ... the ribbon portion.
Is it the Antarctic service medal ?

Back