Cheap Chinese Halcon speed build [COMPLETED BUILD]

Isidor, Peter, Kurt, Jeff and Uwe, I also use an inexpensive lathe that I found on Amazon. It is made by Winbomgo. It is 14" long, weighs 4 lbs., with a 150W motor and included all of the turning tools, four jaw chuck and the saw blade with a one year warranty. Great for sanding and polishing also. It has seven adjustable speeds and costs $60. Great for beginners like me.1720637537523.png Magic Mike

Sorry if I'm spoiling the thread, but I'm not sure where I can find the pin size information.
I made another model of the pin making tool, I like the shape but it is too big. What dimensions should the pin be in order to adapt it to the Halcon model?

IMG_20240713_203720.jpg

IMG_20240713_203806.jpg

Found this on the internet: Belaying pins for small boats can be around 8 inches long, with a 4.5 inch pin and a 3.5 inch handle, and a 1/2 inch diameter shaft. In metric, 8 in is 203.2 mm, 4.5 in is 114.3 mm and 1/2 in is 12.7 mm so in 1/100 scale, should be about 2.032 mm long. The pin should be 1.143 mm and the diameter of the pin should be 0.127 mm.

I can't imagine trying to make them that small.

Hope that helps!

I know it's cheating but I just used treenail stock. Just a short dowel of the right diameter can be made with a draw plate. Once it's in position and the hank of rope is hung on it you really can't tell the difference. If you make them out of bamboo they are much stronger than any other wood. I have a few pearwood pins in 1:48 size and they break when you look at them.

I know it's cheating but I just used treenail stock. Just a short dowel of the right diameter can be made with a draw plate. Once it's in position and the hank of rope is hung on it you really can't tell the difference. If you make them out of bamboo they are much stronger than any other wood. I have a few pearwood pins in 1:48 size and they break when you look at them.
Under a hank of rope, you can't tell the difference at that scale. The belaying pins are VERY small.

Back