Clipper Newport Mamoli 1:57

@All thanks again for the likes and comments.
A few parts I made in the past days. It is all very small and yes my Proxxon MF70 makes hours.
The metal parts I cleaned in Acetone from glue and paint. They're next on my schedule to paint

IMG_2792.JPGIMG_2793.JPGIMG_2794.JPGIMG_2795.JPGIMG_2796.JPGIMG_2797.JPG

Everything is dry fit, so they could be placed wrong on the ship. Something to check before I glue them de finely to there place

Small update of 7 hours of hard work. :)
new rudder of walnut beams, glued together with blackened white glue. Then I made hinges of brass (working) blackened and fit them to the hull. There is no glue on the hinges, just nails to fit all

The small mistake will be fixed, just a hole of 0,6 mm. :p

IMG_2800.JPGIMG_2801.JPGIMG_2802.JPG

@All thanks again for the likes and kind words. They are appreciated.
First I completed the rudder. And the nail benches on the sides.

IMG_2833.JPGIMG_2834.JPG
They need a little tung oil to look pretty. Something for later.
first
When I look to the gun carriage, I think to myself... these are ugly!

IMG_2815.JPG

They need to be from wood, but they are also very tiny. But nothing is impossible. First to look for a piece of boxwood and shape that on my new build thickness sander in the right dimensions.

IMG_2816.JPGIMG_2817.JPGIMG_2818.JPG

After that I used the MF70 to shape the hole piece, so I can cut out 4 carriages.

IMG_2819.JPGIMG_2820.JPG

After I cut them I make sure they are all the same dimensions

IMG_2821.JPG

Then I start to shape the side walls

IMG_2822.JPGIMG_2823.JPGIMG_2824.JPG

the wig

IMG_2825.JPG

English, so hollow under side

IMG_2826.JPGIMG_2827.JPG

Then I make on my lathe a round piece of cherry wood to cut the wheels out and glued them to the carriages.
IMG_2828.JPG
IMG_2829.JPGIMG_2830.JPGIMG_2831.JPGIMG_2832.JPG

So, enough for today, need to think about the details

Thanks for watching

Last edited:
Brilliant Stephan. A question if you don't mind: how did you cut the edge profile on the edge of the wheel?
just luck. The wheel is 2,2 mm. in diameter. I think it comes by the saw. When the piece of wood was in the lathe, I marked and sawed with a small saw the wheels. Then I took out the piece and separated the wheels with a knife of the hole thing.

Back