Clipper Newport Mamoli 1:57

Nice to see you break those tiny drills just like I do...
We all do...however, I found success in drilling using 'Extra small' drillbits using a steady environment, e.g avoiding any cost drilling in hands. The milling machine for this task is a perfect device where drilling parts are held in the vise. We can utilize a drill press as well but in this case, the feed still depends on the hand pressure, were on the mill it is governed by the z-axis screw thread. ;)

We all do...however, I found success in drilling using 'Extra small' drillbits using a steady environment, e.g avoiding any cost drilling in hands. The milling machine for this task is a perfect device where drilling parts are held in the vise. We can utilize a drill press as well but in this case, the feed still depends on the hand pressure, were on the mill it is governed by the z-axis screw thread. ;)
I have small drills that are a kind of flexible, dont break, special for wood. But I dont have a Chuck for it in my elektric handdrill. I just ordered one in China that fit in my elektric drill. Then I can use these too. The one that break is not for handtools

They are looking very good
I have only a small comment or better question about the stcok of the stock-anchor.
We can see, that your wooden stock is not reduced in the square section from the center towards the outside ends

I know it only in this way
3533868_db76ac76_1024x1024.jpg plate86.jpg

I thought, that also the term "anchorstock planking"

anchorstock planking by Steel.jpg (found in the "Steel")

Indeed, the stock was prefab. I only made the iron around it of brass. Hmmm. Think about it. They're small, maybe to small to redo. One eye already broke of.

That was a search for me to find this log back.
And the first thing I realised scrolling down, was that one of a true follower of this log is past away. Sometimes I still think about his skills and the Victory he was building, how small the scale of that project is. Mostly when I try to do something and I doubt of it is possible to make so small. Rest in peace Martin.

Back to here, I made a sail for this ship. It was standing more then a year on the side, waiting for my hands to work on it.
For the sail I used silk roughly woven silk. I like that, maybe for most projects to rough but on this ship I like it. The brown yarn (Serafil) is woven in the cloth. I used a big magnifier for that and a very small needle (pearl needle). o_O And Filmoplast R to make the zoom/hem. Filmoplast R is a kind of adhesive tape made of Japanese paper (8,5 g/m³) with an adhesive layer that reacts on heat.
The result
IMG_4278.JPGIMG_4279.JPGIMG_4280.JPGIMG_4281.JPG

It was a try with this silk cloth and yes I will make all the sails of this. I like this. Lot of work to woven the Serafil in, but okay to do. It is a hobby.
Thanks for watching. Maybe next year a new update :oops::cool:

Back