Colchester Smack

D

Danno71

Colin, Happy belated Birthday!

Sounds like many interests, eating up so little time. Enjoy whatever build you’re working on, whether rolling or floating.

However, standing by for ship build. :)
Regards

Colin B

You will hardly believe it but I have started the smack model! The latest car (1937 Singer coupe)
DSC_0003 (2).JPG
has had a complete mechanical rebuild and is on the road so I have decided to focus on boats for a while (less oil and mess and the workshop is warmer!). I have visited the forum almost every day and I am staggered by the workmanship on display so you will have to forgive my rough and ready approach!
The keel is made with simplified deadwood, I have not yet cut the rabbet and I also need to cut slots for the frames in line with UK East coast practice. I have also roughly shaped the central frame just to get an idea of the mass of the finished boat. I will make a jig to hold everything in place and I plan to do most of the bevelling once the frames are in place as I haven't got the lines and can't pre-draw the two faces, so I have left bit of 'meat' on the frames to allow for some fairing as I go.
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0001.JPG