computers

I am sure Donfarr meant it as a joke!:D A lot of people just do not understand what experts are saying when they talk about computers. Not all that long ago, I was serving aboard a brand new passenger liner in charge of all the computers, although I had had no previous training in them. I had been at sea 30 years as radio officer and had never had anything to do with computers until then. The manufacturers always talked to me as if they assumed I knew as much as they did, but I simply hadn't the faintest idea what they were talking about, and in the UK, probably US as well, this strange talk is jokingly referred to as gobbadlygook, or something similar. It is just a joke! Do not worry about it -
Here I am in 1992 dealing as best I could with it all! :D I resigned shortly after, technology overtook me! - Bob

Bob Final days at sea (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
I also have an old computer running Windows 7, it says updates are out after January 1st.
It's old with little of everything on the inside, so I don't think I would spend any money upgrading it.
I will use it as long as there is life in it, and then buy one used with the latest content needed.
It is only used for streaming on TV.

Now I use an HP-Pro Book, a year old with all the latest software, Win 10.

Windows 10 ain't so bad. Actually if you are computer illiterate I think it is a better choice. It is when you want to get into tweeking things that 10 can get frustrating but otherwise it is a good stable OS for the average joe. Upgrading from 7 to 10 is pretty well a given now, so you might as well swallow the pill and get on with it ;) 64 bit is the future ~

Back