Construction U-552 Type VIIc Trumpeter 1:48 [ COMPLETED BUILD ]

Absolutely amazing work Henk. The applied wiring looks SO much better than that of the kit and then that airbrush work! You are a master of that tool. @Peter Voogt There is no rust against that roof Peter - the inevitable fumes leaking from the diesels, would stain the roof and create that grimy effect. Very much like the "brown cafes" in Amsterdam.

Absolutely amazing work Henk. The applied wiring looks SO much better than that of the kit and then that airbrush work! You are a master of that tool. @Peter Voogt There is no rust against that roof Peter - the inevitable fumes leaking from the diesels, would stain the roof and create that grimy effect. Very much like the "brown cafes" in Amsterdam.
Then you can hang (in the café and in the sub) a poster on the wall without using pins or tape. Self adhesive walls! ROTF
Regards, Peter

Thanks Heinrich,

I only started with the airbrusch at the beginning of 2020

In 2019 I ended up at home due to a cerebral infarction, in the rehabilitation center, the subject of hobby and leisure was discussed, and what will your ''new life'' look like. I worked in a financial department sitting in front of a screen 36 hours a week and this was no longer possible

In 2020 I started with a few simple Revell kits to practice on this, which then I went to a one-way container because I didn't like this brand that much and I was done with this fairly quickly.

I was looking for a model that I would have more work on and so ended up on the sub, Trompeter (from China!) has more suitable and detailed models.

I have a very small compressor that makes no noise, and an Evolution airbrush with different needles that are quite easy to clean.

I now work as a volunteer at a special activity center 3 afternoons a week where clients with severe brain injuries and most of them in a wheelchair sitting, where I give guidance in painting and woodworking, which I find very rewarding work

Alternate with this hobby, my "new life" suits me

Last edited:
I think it is wonderful you have adapted to your "limitations", Henk and admire the charity work that you at the centre. The world would be a better much place if there were more people like you.

Continue with the engine room.

Actually only a few parts left according to Trumpeter, but a nightmare to assemble.....

The table made from photo-etched parts of Trumpeter is ridiculous and a nerve challenge.

The result of my editing can be seen in the photo.....a disaster.

Sometimes it's good to show your failures
bagger.jpg

Back