Construction U-552 Type VIIc Trumpeter 1:48 [ COMPLETED BUILD ]

I appreciate that their is reference material available (by the way, what a stunning cover photograph), but despite that, my mind still boggles as to how expertly you are able to craft these miniscule parts. And don't get me started on your painting, airbrushing and weathering - it is just superb! My "petje" remains "af"! (I take my hat off to you!)

I was waiting for this update for a long, it is a real pleasure to follow your build log. I am not into weathering (at all) but your painting skills bring models to a completely different level, it brings them to life! Bravo, Henk!

Thanks Jim
So many people so many tastes, and that's only good :)

I'm a real fan of weathering, also of wooden models

I like the “aged”

Here the weathering is more extreme, which suits the model

Regards
Henk

Super detailing and painting/airbrushing Henk. Those gauges and dials are beyond belief.

Thanx

I don't have the equipment and phonographic qualities of Peter,
But he will come by again when the build is complete with his camera :)
Even with the "lower" quality pictures your build is impressive, so now I'm looking forward to Peter's pictures, once finished.

The right side (the captain is standing in front of the table for the cards)
The very dark there and later a bit better view with the lights on (I hope):rolleyes:View attachment 275851
A very nice progress with beautiful details and airbrush skills. The figures give a good impression of the claustrophobic space of such a sub.
Regards, Peter

Back