Constructo 1799 Enterprise help

Thanks for the response. I’m having a bit of trouble trying to download your file on my iMac. I’m going to switch to my Dell and Win 10 later and try again.

I appreciate the help, I’ve done many searches for build information but find that there are lots of completed steps but never many how does a first time builder even start.

Planking was my first major hurdle, the instructions by Constructo were OK for the start of the first plank, but after that there was no further information. There was absolutely no mention of the second planking.
I spent a lot of time trying to figure all that out. But in the end, that part of the build came out OK.

The experience was was beneficial when I did the planking on my Lobster Boat build.

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/bluejacket-shipworks-lobster-boat-5-8”-1’.2679/page-2
I think you need to drop the files into an Adobe Rar and unRar viewer hope this helps.
Alfie

Last edited:
I was invited on Board the aircraft Carrier in Malaga Spain back in the early 80's. It was the most impressive floating space I had ever seen, it was a floating city!!!! You guys sure make things BIG :)

I’ve been aboard both the WW II and modern era carriers. I’m fascinated by the way they have evolved both in size and purpose. One my projects to find a kit for the WW II Enterprise.

Here is CV-6 but relatively small scale 1/700

Jim,

Thanks for the link. Ive looked at some kits that size and they don't appeal to me.
Even the Tamiya kit doesn't do the trick.

The CV6 version of the ship has a family history significance. I've been looking for a 1/100 scale version.

Jan

I’ve been aboard both the WW II and modern era carriers. I’m fascinated by the way they have evolved both in size and purpose. One my projects to find a kit for the WW II Enterprise.
I forgot to say, well done on your build thus far, you've done a great job and the log is great Thumbsup I'm jealous I would love to have gone on a WW II carrier, I bet that was awesome.

Thank you for the link, really interesting and to think that I have been to Charleston on a few occasions when I was in the British Merchant Marine back in 1977 - 81, we use to go up and down the east coast a lot. Savanna, Jacksonville, Charleston, New Jersey and Norfolk but I was always stuck on the ship except in Savanna where we use to be able to go ashore. If only..........:rolleyes: . Thanks again

Rigging continues:

Rainy day today, small storm moving through from the South. So I had an excuse to complete some more rigging.

D81C2148-42F9-47DC-A979-F87F4E2C968A.jpeg6290F254-2E64-4EA8-B6DB-583868479CED.jpeg81D32B82-C937-4763-8027-ED1531F111D3.jpeg

In the process I found I needed another tool. I’ve been using fingernail clippers to cut finished lines but found that I can no longer get close to the final knots. A quick search of the internet led me to these.

I’ll post a review of the scissors once they arrive.

Jan

Last edited:
Riggings continued.

While I'm waiting for my order to arrive I remembered that somewhere I had seen DIY rigging tools. So it was search through the junk/parts and I've got keep the this box to find what I could use.

Hmmm, two pieces of dowels, two old needles.

9aj%mt7eR1mHn%foN1XEng.jpg

One Dremel tool with cut off disk,

vWU%Rz2+QdCin+HCFs3w1g.jpg

Step one:

D+6F3uHyR%eCt2Z+OTEa7A.jpg

Step two,

fullsizeoutput_22b.jpeg

And there you have it. With a little filing I now have two new tools. I can now get those rigging lines terminated on those pesky hard to reach Belaying pins.

Jan

Welcome back Jan! BTW, the floor looks really nice, and you have a cozy workplace :cool:

Back