Constructo 1799 Enterprise help

Clumsy fingers and short reach:

DE04F14C-0AD3-49CC-9AA4-8DB3728FA6BC.jpeg

All those lines hanging down need to be tied to belaying pins. I tried my DIY rigging tools and fumbly fingers and found I was destroying, getting tangled and generally messing up previous work. Since this is my first rigging endeavor there was no experience to fall back on.

My solution.

CBEE553D-D29B-4AE1-B19A-5FFF8BC9EB46.jpeg

Twelve inch tweezers.

Jan

Nice job there Jan. I am always impressed when one is able to complete a Constructo kit. As of this date, I have given up on three of them that I have started. I just do not have much luck with them. But you have shown they are buildable and can turn out well. Like the long forceps as well. Keep up the great workmanship. I am not a fan of planking, but do enjoy all the rigging too.
Rick

Nice job there Jan. I am always impressed when one is able to complete a Constructo kit. As of this date, I have given up on three of them that I have started. I just do not have much luck with them. But you have shown they are buildable and can turn out well. Like the long forceps as well. Keep up the great workmanship. I am not a fan of planking, but do enjoy all the rigging too.
Rick

I’ve found that the build instructions are sketchy at best. The sequence of the build seemed wrong and some steps were left out. It took a lot of head scratching and do-overs to get it built. Lots of mistakes on my part, but for my first foray into ship modeling I think I did pretty good.

Rigging continues:

Rainy day today, small storm moving through from the South. So I had an excuse to complete some more rigging.

View attachment 101143View attachment 101144View attachment 101145

In the process I found I needed another tool. I’ve been using fingernail clippers to cut finished lines but found that I can no longer get close to the final knots. A quick search of the internet led me to these.

I’ll post a review of the scissors once they arrive.

Jan
Hi Mate,
Who made your sails? They are a very nice quality. Best I have seen. I always rig my ships with sails and mine never looked as good as yours.

Vince P. Ship-1

I have been watching your build with a great deal of interest as I am contemplating a scratch build of this fine little ship. One thing that I have noticed is that the picture of her as a brig fails to mention that at the time of her modification she was cut in half and had 12 feet added to her length in order for her to carry more fire-power. So this model is not as she would have appeared in 1812-13, at the time of her battle with the Boxer. That said - you are doing a marvelous job on this often overlooked ship. Keep up the good work - though I'm sure you will. Your skills surpass those of many who have tried to build wooden models.

Back