Constructo 1799 Enterprise help

Spending some time going through your build log. Impressive!
Currently at about section 5, just taking my time, going slow trying to comprehend everything.

I notice in one of your pics, section 3 with text "The keel, stem and stern post: " the Keel has a whiter looking board glued to the bottom.
Is this called out in the plans or is this a repair?

I'm not sure when I'll attach the keel, stem and stern but the cut outs for them all seem to be made of the same wood and color.

Your idea to photo copy the image is a great idea.
I'll definitely do that.

Spending some time going through your build log. Impressive!
Currently at about section 5, just taking my time, going slow trying to comprehend everything.

I notice in one of your pics, section 3 with text "The keel, stem and stern post: " the Keel has a whiter looking board glued to the bottom.
Is this called out in the plans or is this a repair?

I'm not sure when I'll attach the keel, stem and stern but the cut outs for them all seem to be made of the same wood and color.

Your idea to photo copy the image is a great idea.
I'll definitely do that.

0934B806-64E5-4749-B058-1F18DB512F34.jpeg
F92BDF66-ECBC-4310-B965-0C3BEF2BB409.jpeg

The white board covers the false keel.

Jan

Rigging:

Yesterday I tied the last of the rigging knots. I find it hard to believe I’ve worked on this kit off and on for almost two years. The experience has been great, I’ve learned a lot and had a lot of help from Forum members. I made and corrected countless errors, errors which only I apparently see. Many of our friends and acquaintances who have seen the ship, only see a ship under full sail.

Jan

Congrats on your accomplishment, She looks gorgeous! Any plans for a new project?

Hi Jim,

I have the Bluejacket Seguin Tug in progress. I’m hoping to get back to that shortly. I’ve also not decided between the paddle wheelers Portland or Mt. Washington. I’ve ordered the plans for the Mt. Washington and looked them over. I think my conclusions are somewhere here on the Forum.

Jan

Looks very nice!

Did you make the stand the ship sits on or was it part of the kit?

any pics of the up close rigging and decking work?

Hope mine turns out that nice.... Great job.

Hi Jim,

I have the Bluejacket Seguin Tug in progress. I’m hoping to get back to that shortly. I’ve also not decided between the paddle wheelers Portland or Mt. Washington. I’ve ordered the plans for the Mt. Washington and looked them over. I think my conclusions are somewhere here on the Forum.

Jan
Congratulations also from my side - well done!
When I saw the photo with the finished model, my first thought was - "There is enough space for another one!"
So we are all looking forward to see your next project in a building log :cool:

Back