Cutter Cheerful 1806 Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GENNERO DIDA MARVOLOUS JOB IF I WERE YOU I WOULD CHECK OUT THE BUILDS AND INSTRUCTIONS TO SEE IF THIS IS BUILDABLE FOR THE AVERAGE MODELER AS FOR ME I WOULD NOT TOUCH IT AT ANY PRICE UNBUILDABLE. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS STAY SAFE DON

GENNERO DIDA MARVOLOUS JOB IF I WERE YOU I WOULD CHECK OUT THE BUILDS AND INSTRUCTIONS TO SEE IF THIS IS BUILDABLE FOR THE AVERAGE MODELER AS FOR ME I WOULD NOT TOUCH IT AT ANY PRICE UNBUILDABLE. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS STAY SAFE DON
Don,this is not an expert level kit,I think any average builder can build it

Don,this is not an expert level kit,I think any average builder can build it
A few cents to add, It is not as a kit as most of the kits sold on the market. You can purchase parts like keel and bulkheads, a lot of deck furniture as well as artillery you can buy as mini kits. But you have to purchase your own wood strips to plank the hull and the deck.

he is responsible for such a beautiful look!
I’m sure that is true but it starts with a well designed models, instructions and plans. This Syren company seems to have done a first rate job of that and bears looking into.

I’m sure that is true but it starts with a well designed models, instructions and plans. This Syren company seems to have done a first rate job of that and bears looking into.
@Gennaro Sorry for off-topic

It is very hard to object, that a well-designed kit is a 'plus', but it doesn't guarantee you will build a great model. We have seen the opposite, the bad design kit, and people can make nice looking models. The most important is to have the ability and skills to assemble\build the kit. The Cheerful designed as a semy-scratch kit. You have to purchase everything separately including the plans. Some people have trouble understanding the plans to build the model. They need more step-by-step instructions and the material\fittings packaged in the box.

Luckily for us model-makers, there are so many companies to choose from and everyone can find the kit of their dream, depending on the quality and difficulty level. Today, POB based kits are gradually fazing out and replacing with POF kits, and many companies are designing and producing Plank on Frame kits. In fact, we have three group builds going on here on SOS. All of the kits in the group build designed and manufactured in China. Check them out...

Are you working on any ship modeling project? Have you built any models you want to share with us? We are a really curious group...

AS FOR ME I WOULD NOT TOUCH IT AT ANY PRICE UNBUILDABLE.

Why would you say that? Clearly it’s buildable, Gennaro just did it, and a fine job. Odd statement to make. I looked at the instructions on the Syren sight, they seem very clear.
Ok,nobody really questioned these what you brought up lol,not sure why this become suddenly a hot topic,but please share a build of yours.

All of the kits in the group build designed and manufactured in China. Check them out...
I’d never buy a kit reproduced in China, why would you push that? Is this a China based forum?

Yes I’ve built a number of models, both POB and POF as well as semi-scratch, ten all together. As you know I’m new, I need to be more comfortable with this site before I share them. The answers and responses I’m getting are a bit odd to me so far.

Why for example would someone defend what is obviously a jewelry pendant passing as a ships wheel? Why would someone declare a ship as unbuildable while questioning its design, do you have some issue with the model provider? Why be so on the defensive about a wood provider.

I’m looking for people interested in a broad range of wooden ship models, and certainly not ones from China that are most likely pirated given the culture. Am I in the wrong place?

I’d never buy a kit reproduced in China, why would you push that? Is this a China based forum?
Hello,
It is your personal decision about what and where to buy kits. You can start the build log from any kit, any manufacture - no restrictions. Where did you find the push? Because you are new, our goal to make you comfortable, this is why I suggest you check other manufactures than Syren. Also, where did you find the word 'reproduced' in my response? Those kits are designed and manufactured in China. We building models from many manufactures including Russia, China Slovakia, and many more others, Do you have a problem with that?

I’m looking for people interested in a broad range of wooden ship models, and certainly not ones from China that are most likely pirated given the culture. Am I in the wrong place?
You are brought a wide range of allegations towards China culture, which is a shame. Are you in the right place??

We are a Shipmodeling forum not a political party ,weare not forcing anybody to choose or to be a member,.Also it is not up to debate how is our forum run and policies we set.The forum is a platform for all folks to enjoy the hobby and that is it ,there are no other conspiracy theories behind it .

looks like it
if you are not comfortable on an international forum that allows freedom of choice and freedom to build anything you want. then yes move on or get on with the build.

your statement is way out of line as to date there has not been any formal charges brought up by any kit company to prove anything one way or another concerning pirated kits by anyone. No lawsuits filed in any court no legal ruling set forth. Except by a kangaroo court presided over by judge pinhead.
so let it be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back