Dagmar, Russian Imperial steam boat by Falkonet, 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

In fact, it's not a real build log, because the model has been completed 3 years ago. But it seems there is no other build log here, so I decided to present a photo review of my building process and to intoduce to you this interesting kit.
Dagmar is an exemplary 37’ steam pinnace of J.S. White design. She was built in 1870 by the J.S. White & Co. Ltd, Cowes to order of the Russian Government for the future Emperor Alexander III. The boat owed her name to the Danish Princess Dagmar, future Empress of Russia Mariya Fyodorovna as spouse of the Emperor.

The box content and my hand to estimate its dimensions.

DSC_4459.jpgDSC_4461.jpgDSC_4463.jpgDSC_4464.jpgDSC_4472.jpgDSC_4475.jpg

beautiful model, seems to be a well prepared kit and a very good modeler -> very good result !!!!
Many Thanks for sharing your work with us

Your fine photography helped me immensely as I was building her. I have built two Falkonet kits before and they are as fine a boat I have had the pleasure to build. Falkonet is second to none in my experience and they think out assembly 2 steps ahead of the step being done as to forestall any hang-ups later on. I purchased the royal yacht kit but have not started building it. I just am so pleased with the engineering and attention to detail the folks at Falkonet have put into these museum-quality kits. I am glad I purchased the entire kit line 2 or 3 years ago because they are relatively difficult to obtain now. The assembly manual is meticulously illustrated and if one will take her time, she will end up with an amazing representation of the full scale boat. Very fine work indeed and I appreciate the time and effort you expended in your photo essay. Stay well and steer clear of yon knuckleheads. Regards from the hills of Virginia, Cork Camden

Back