"De Zeven Provincien" 1:100 (scratch) - Seahorse New Design [COMPLETED BUILD]

This, I will say, is an extremely successful completion! I am very interested in your sailcloth with its barely perceptible weave. It looks very good at 1:100. What is the cloth?

@0Seahorse it is so soft on the eyes to view, so dreamy. Immaculate and magnificent. And, that deck, wow and stunning. Congratulations, Tomek on completing De Zeven Provincien and providing the pictures.

Thank you for comments.
@Hubac's Historian@ For the first time I used printed sails, which I add to my models at my e-shop. Yes, it's strange I've been selling something I've never used, but most of the time I build test models, so sails are test, too. Then, when all is correct I order printed sails at a company specialized in cloth printing. The name of the cloth is "woal 77g/m2", which I believe means "veil /voile 77g/m2". But there are many types of veil and some are very loosely woven and transparent, so they are unlikely to work well in sailing ship models. Unfortunately, this company does not sell clear, unprinted material, I would buy it right away at 100 meters. If you are more interested in the subject, here is the link: https://ctnbee.com/en/custom-print-voile-fabric

My Congratulations - Bravo !!! This model is looking very good
And I agree with the before mentioned - the sails are very good also
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Model looks great, fantastic work, I think that using paper as a medium in all modeling and ship modeling in particular On the salis can you talk more about the process on how you placed an ordered them

Hello @0Seahorse , I started building your model a month ago. It's great fun, but I also see that there are many questions. I would therefore be very happy if you could help me here and there, as the building instructions unfortunately don't answer some questions. I am currently preparing the front bulkhead, which is based on part 51a. What I see from the instructions and also from your photos here is that the whole red-colored front points into the interior of the ship. So far, so good. But then I see this picture here: https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/attachments/21-09-21-05m-jpg.257400/ and look in vain in the instructions for how to design this side. What numbers do the parts have that I need for this? It would be nice if you could help.
Many thanks in advance - and see you soon for the next question. ;)

Best regards

Bonden

Last edited:
Hello Tomek,
thank you very much for the quick reply. Thanks to your pictures I have now found the parts. But be prepared for more questions - the kit is very sophisticated and not everything is immediately recognizable from the instructions. I will definitely create a separate build report here in the next few days, then we can exchange ideas there. (You can have a look at what I've done so far on my homepage...)

Best regards

Bonden

One more question about the bulkhead I'm looking for: If I'm reading the instructions correctly, the parts I'm looking for for the outside should only be fitted once the bulkhead has already been installed, right? But I would much rather do this "on land" - there's nothing wrong with that, is there?

Hello Tomek,
I need help again. I can't find the parts 107e. I see in the instructions that this is a beam under the foredeck (part 107), and I assume that it is made of several layers of cardboard. Unfortunately, I can't find the parts. Thank you in advance...

Back