Dr. Mike's Video #112 interesting info

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

In this video Dr. Mike is referring to a book several times in this video

Dr. Mike is referring to a book and it is apparent that it seems to be some companion book that goes along with the plans. Does anyone know the Title of the Book. I tried to pause the video and the Title seems to be in Russian. It seems to be at least about 200 pages.

I wish I could find that book and see if it is in another language. (hopefully English)

One instance of him referring to the book are many and can be found at the time of about 14 minutes into the video - there are many others from the beginning.

Bu kitap, sanırım buda ingilizcesi
Karl Heinz Marquardt
Bemastung und Takelung
von Schiffen
des 18.Jahrhunderts
Yes - I think that you are correct with the Marquardt book
Just yesterday I had my copy in hands

btw: you can find some english articles, also about rigging on the web-page

In this video Dr. Mike is referring to a book several times in this video

Dr. Mike is referring to a book and it is apparent that it seems to be some companion book that goes along with the plans. Does anyone know the Title of the Book. I tried to pause the video and the Title seems to be in Russian. It seems to be at least about 200 pages.

I wish I could find that book and see if it is in another language. (hopefully English)

One instance of him referring to the book are many and can be found at the time of about 14 minutes into the video - there are many others from the beginning.
After watching this informative video one thing is again obvious. . . sharp tools for cutting are essential as well as knowing the geometry to be applied in reducing the stock to the desired shape and size. Thanks, Rich (PT-2)

Hello, Donnie. This is the book Dr.Mike referring to. His book was published in Russian, but you can get an English version of it.

51kJVIWauPL._SX375_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I watch Youtube on my TV. I can only search for videos in English. The channel is in Russian. Is there an English channel I can look for?

I have a DVD that I bought showing Dr Mike building the hull of the vessel you see behind the drop sheet for a brief minute. The detailed work in building the hull is exhausting just to watchB1E74EA9-B7DE-4613-AAA2-6C68003B375F.jpeg

By chance, I came across this post. That is me in the video with Dr Mike but I can't recall what book he is referring to as these videos were made in 2007. Oktay may well be correct by suggesting it is Karl's book.
If you have any questions about this please let me know and I'll be happy to ask Dr Mike on your behalf.

By chance, I came across this post. That is me in the video with Dr Mike but I can't recall what book he is referring to as these videos were made in 2007. Oktay may well be correct by suggesting it is Karl's book.
If you have any questions about this please let me know and I'll be happy to ask Dr Mike on your behalf.
Hello Anthony, we have identified this book. It is Karl's and translated and publish in Russian. here is the exact same page from this book.

IMG_2178.JPEG IMG_2179.JPEG

For everybody interested in the life and work of Karl Heinz Marquardt please take also a look at these two topics we have here in ShipsOfScale

That video is only a small section of Dr Mikes work. Better for you to go on the you tube link Donnie posted above.
You are right no sense spending good money. I noticed that video Donnie posted has a #112 attached to it. Does that mean there are 111 videos before this one, Could only find maybe 30

Back