DSPIAE AT-CT Micro Cutter - Review

Hi Gene,

Here is what I found very similar to the one I have, the one on the top is a close match.

View attachment 448694

Hello everybody,
These parts are great, but the shipping costs to Germany are completely crazy
Greetings Rüdiger

I look for the cutter on Aliexpress, you need to search for a good price. The cheapest was about 25 euro free shipping. The most expensive was 350 include shipping. Most sellers are around 47 euro plus shipping. Shipping varies from 3,99 to 45 euro.
This is delivery to the Netherlands.

But I want to say something about this cutter and other brands that are available. For me the price for the function are to high. I made a simple one from scratch and this does the job to. But I don't use it much! Why? Because when you use a single side blade like Gene mentioned in the first post and a small brass hamer, it works the same. I cut my planks in that way. Just marked the plank, hold with one hand the razorblade and one hamer stroke does the rest. So this simple method works fine for me. The selfmade cutter I use only when I have to cut a lot parts that have to be on the same lenght.
Don't get me wrong, I like the Dispiae cutter and was thinking to buy it. But I'm working already a long time without it, with succes. That I think it will end up in the drawer not using it.

Hi Gene, I just looked this up on AliXpress, & was amazed at the price to UK £6-03 delivered!!!!!!!! About $8-00. It makes a change to get a VERY favourable price over here. Somebody must have made a good profit on the sale to you?
I have a shop built one, based on the NWSL model, which uses the same blade which is located using the notches in the blade, by the looks of it, I reckon I can fit the blades the same way, with a slight mod, I don't particularly fancy drilling razor blades - I still like to count to ten!
Sorry to break bad news, but the price you saw is for the additional cutting pad. Look at the ad again and scroll through the pics…. You will note that the price changes with each pic….i guess they set the default pic to show the cutting mat and the $6 price which is misleading…….the cutter will cost you about $60

Sorry to break bad news, but the price you saw is for the additional cutting pad. Look at the ad again and scroll through the pics…. You will note that the price changes with each pic….i guess they set the default pic to show the cutting mat and the $6 price which is misleading…….the cutter will cost you about $60
Yep with uncle "Ali" it always pays to click on all pictures and see how the price changes.

Start

Thhanks again.. Could you tell us how you made the repeat stop: it’s a lack in all thesse cutters.

You must have been lucky with the price: when I looked it up it was £39. I made the mistake of ordering in the UK, where it costs a whole lot more.

Rodric
That's weird considering I'm in England & ordered yesterday.
I'll photo my saw stop later.

Stuart

Hello Everyone,
I am writing here regarding this article. I think the shipping price here is exorbitantly high and I would be interested to know how it is made up.
Best Regards
Rüdiger
Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-27 um 11.40.44.png

I am wondering if 'Priority Mail International' is the default shipping method, it may be slow-speed shipping which should cost much less. Yeah...but this 'Priority' shipping is outrageous! I agree with you.

Check the jewelry store near you, this adapter is mostly seen in jewelry stores

Stuart, Gene438

My DSPAIE cutter has arrived. It works very welll for thin stripsne likes., and one can repeat as many times as o. I wish I’d had it much earlier.

It cut’s through 1/4x1/4 inch strips too. But t doesn’t cut square: the blade seems to deflect to the right about half way through. Gene, did you have a solution?

Rodric

you may try to use the sheetrock blades, it is much thicker. Unfortunately, I don't know if those blades will fit

1716900980448.png

Stuart, Gene438

My DSPAIE cutter has arrived. It works very welll for thin stripsne likes., and one can repeat as many times as o. I wish I’d had it much earlier.

It cut’s through 1/4x1/4 inch strips too. But t doesn’t cut square: the blade seems to deflect to the right about half way through. Gene, did you have a solution?

Rodric
The thickest I have tried is 5mm x 5mm which I believe is a little under 1/4in. I did not have a problem with 5mm.

If you need to cut thicker planks, I would think Jimsky"s suggestion of sheetrock blades would work....but I think 1/4 inch or more is pushing it...remember, this technology is pretty basic and simple...it's a manual chopper....pure brute force. It really excels at angle and straight cuts of thin planks.....I use mine everyday.

Start

Thhanks again.. Could you tell us how you made the repeat stop: it’s a lack in all thesse cutters.

You must have been lucky with the price: when I looked it up it was £39. I made the mistake of ordering in the UK, where it costs a whole lot more.

Rodric
Here you are, Rodric. Two pieces of MDF, one for a base & t'other co-planer with the vice, some T-track, a T-bolt, thumb nut, & spacer washer, & a steel rule, held by dbl-sided tape, = a piece of aluminium (I love that word ;)) for the clamp arm. The washer is located on the T-bolt between the arm & the track. I also removed the 'safety stop' from the saw, as I found it an unnecessary add-on.

Stuart

IMG_5422.JPG

IMG_5421.JPG

IMG_5422.JPG

A very, very, very, etc, confusing site! I received my order today - One spare blade for the cutter I haven't got! Despite checking 3 times, it kept showing the tool with no proper description. I'm still trying to find the tool!

Stuart, Gene438

Rodric
Hi Rodric, as I suspected that price was for a spare blade - arrived today. I'm trying to get back into AliX site but I keep ending up in their Dutch site, but with no details of the cutter. Where from did you get yours?

Stuart

Back