Endurance (1912)

Hello Dave,

Your Endurance is coming along great. Your funnel looks great. I plan on using a brass tube as you did. It has a much better scale appearance.

Bill
Thanks Bill, the kit version just doesn't look right to me.
What glue do you recommend for fixing the second layer of planks to the hull?

What glue do you recommend for fixing the second layer of planks to the hull?
Hello Dave,

Well, that another story. I have been figuring how to to that. I don't like Occre's idea of using contact cement. You have one chance to get it placed correctly. I don't think that will work with the way I build. I have been thinking lately that I may just finish off the first planking and paint it. I took a lot of time with the first planking with that in mind. I'm going to post a picture of my hull in my build thread and ask what others think.

Bill

Hello Dave,

Well, that another story. I have been figuring how to to that. I don't like Occre's idea of using contact cement. You have one chance to get it placed correctly. I don't think that will work with the way I build. I have been thinking lately that I may just finish off the first planking and paint it. I took a lot of time with the first planking with that in mind. I'm going to post a picture of my hull in my build thread and ask what others think.

Bill
I too don't think contact adhesive is a good idea.

Hull complete bar a few touch ups.
I decided to fit a two blade prop as per the original ship. After making a bit of a mess adjusting the kit supplied three blade prop I purchased a two blade plastic one (shush, don't tell anyone). With a slight bit of surgery and a coat of Vallejo Metal Color copper I am very happy with it. I have also added small strips of plastic strip to the rudder as I felt it looks a bit better.
hull.pngbow.pngStern.pngprop.png

Back