• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

ENDURANCE (Occre kit)

Guys, this posting is to answer a question I got on another built about the steering system blocks

I did the blocks. It was really very easy. If my memory is correct, I used 2x2 mm basswood strips. Driller the main hole for the chain and drilled a small perpendicular hole to fake the bolt that keeps the wheel. The wheel was shaped using a small file after shaping the block.

They are 5 mm long. I painted them gray. The hook is a very small blackened brass wire.

Some nearby images:

....20260928_155323.jpg20260928_155335.jpg20260928_155418.jpg20260928_155427.jpg20260928_155517.jpg20260928_155526.jpg
 
Back
Top