Enterprise (Constructo)

I have to admit that I am unhappy with the rope. It was the closest to correct size, however it is too big. May have to build a rope maker and mske my own.

I have to admit that I am unhappy with the rope. It was the closest to correct size, however it is too big. May have to build a rope maker and mske my own.
Yes, this is worth fixing with properly sized, quality rope. Reduce the rope size to at least half of the existing size. This is the appearance of the gun carriage and rigging that you are aiming for.
Cannon USS Constitution.jpg

Last edited:
Glad I made the rope maker. The original string with the kit was just too small. But a jig and some effort later I have one cannon ready for install. Only 13 more to make. But I also noticed I have a bit more deck work to complete before installing them. So on to thst first.

20221120_215544.jpg

Glad I made the rope maker. The original string with the kit was just too small. But a jig and some effort later I have one cannon ready for install. Only 13 more to make. But I also noticed I have a bit more deck work to complete before installing them. So on to thst first.

View attachment 341727
Good morning. Great work so far. Your cannons look amazing and very good call to reduce the rope size. Cheers Grant

Made some good progress yesterday. Got the deck decorations in place and made all the racks for the belay pins. Got to bend the hand rail to be able to attach them well. So breaking out the steamer today and getting that done. This will leave only 2 steps prior to rigging....making cannons and the finish paint/clear.

20221126_073600.jpg

20221126_073549.jpg

20221126_073528.jpg

Welp took a minute to get back to this as work has been crazy. However got the painting done. I love how it looks. Turns out though, after looking at old drawings of this ship, the kit is not that acurate to either of the period "Enterprise" ships. No worries though, still thouroughly enjoying the project.

20230101_153508.jpg

This is the second ship I am working on. The first taught me alot about how not to do things. Definately going to put more effort into this one. POF Enterprise from Constructo. Its an older kit I bought from an aqaintence.

First step. Get the frame square.

View attachment 327645
Hallo @MaxxDMG42
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

One....thirteen more to go. Did the best I could. However the cannons that came with the kit seem to be a little off. In the end I am happy with this.

20230125_165740.jpg

Last edited:
Back