Enterprise (Constructo)

One....thirteen more to go. Did the best I could. However the cannons that came with the kit seem to be a little off. In the end I am happy with this.

View attachment 353558
Good morning. Yep kit cannons are never spot on. You have done a huge amount of detail on these cannon - very nice. It is also my preference to wrap the “falls” around the outhaul lines. I’m not a fan of cannon rope coils. Cheers Grant

My rudimentary lathe seemed to work out. Got the masts and yards shaped. Now to the part I have looked forward to since I got this kit....the rigging. I am not overly happy with the rigging plan. However if I combine it with a few books I feel I can get it pretty close to right.

20230305_181239.jpg

Rigging is fun. Had a little trouble with the bowsprit lines as the rigging plam and the book were very different on how to handle it. But I feel I gave a fair compromise. The deadeyes are almost level. There is plenty of stretch left in them so I will get them even when I finalize them.

20230327_214321.jpg

20230327_214316.jpg

This is the second ship I am working on. The first taught me alot about how not to do things. Definately going to put more effort into this one. POF Enterprise from Constructo. Its an older kit I bought from an aqaintence.

First step. Get the frame square.
Hallo @MaxxDMG42
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back