FALKONET LEUDO VINACCERI 1:48

Hello All

And the build continues. After I had done the planking on the first half, things went relatively quickly and I completed the second half in a day.

23.jpg

The hull was then sanded down properly as were the remaining bulkheads. This was a great opportunity for a final check on the bevels of all bulkheads and to make sure that they form one continuous line with the section already planked.

22.jpg

First layer of planking completed. I was very happy with the result and now it was time to move onto the second layer - this time in the real McCoy - Pear wood.

24.jpg
The first two planks of the second layer in place. And then the bomb dropped:

THE LEUDO HAS A NEW PLANKER / BUILDER !!!

Upon a quick visit to the shipyard, the Admiral declared my work "sloppy" and promptly took over the planking.

25.jpg
I introduce Admiral Anna.

With me now no longer allowed to do the planking, I was relegated to miscellaneous jobs.

Hatches:

WeChat Image_20200924144251.jpg

WeChat Image_20200924145024.jpg

WeChat Image_20200924144956.jpg

The Captain and Boatswain's Cabin:

WeChat Image_20200924144237.jpg

WeChat Image_20200924144951.jpg

WeChat Image_20200924145001.jpg

And Wine Barrels:

WeChat Image_20200924145007.jpg

WeChat Image_20200925055224.jpg

And the planking?

27.jpg
I think she did a wonderful job! First Place Metal

WeChat Image_20200925055238.jpg

Currently she is on a business trip to Suzhou and will only return on Saturday evening. Until that time, I am not allowed to do anything. :D

Until next tome - Happy shipbuilding!
Heinrich

Your Admiral Anna did a good job - very good - so I can understand, that she mentioned to you, not to touch the model ....
So maybe you should really advise her, to get also a member here in SOS - we need good and experienced members !!!!
and the nickname "Anna" is still available
BTW: Looking very good - also the works done by you

HI HEINRICH, MAGNIFICENT WORK THE ADMIRAL IS GREAT A NATURAL TALENT SHOULD NOT LET IT GO TO WASTE,,,,NOW A QUESTION I AM DOING SOME BARRELLS, BTW HEINRICH MAKES IT LOOK EASY TAKE IT FROME ME IT AINT EASY), HOW DID YOU HANDEL THE GLUE FOR THE STRIPS AGAIN I GET THAT CURLING EFFECT AND HAVE TO USE 3 CLAMPS TO KEEP IT FROM CURLING UP, AFRAID TO USE THE SOLDERING IRON HOW DID YOU WORK IT. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR ADMIRAL DON

Don I don't have ANY curling of planks and I wet the planks. So the process is.

1. Wet the planks
2. Apply PVA glue.
3. Place it into the position
4. Then use the soldering iron to iron the plank into position. The fact that the plank is wet ensures that it will not burn. The heat of the iron instantly bonds the glue. I don't know how else to do this as you wont have space for clamps and clips later on.

Hello All

And the build continues. After I had done the planking on the first half, things went relatively quickly and I completed the second half in a day.

View attachment 181157

The hull was then sanded down properly as were the remaining bulkheads. This was a great opportunity for a final check on the bevels of all bulkheads and to make sure that they form one continuous line with the section already planked.

View attachment 181156

First layer of planking completed. I was very happy with the result and now it was time to move onto the second layer - this time in the real McCoy - Pear wood.

View attachment 181158
The first two planks of the second layer in place. And then the bomb dropped:

THE LEUDO HAS A NEW PLANKER / BUILDER !!!

Upon a quick visit to the shipyard, the Admiral declared my work "sloppy" and promptly took over the planking.

View attachment 181160
I introduce Admiral Anna.

With me now no longer allowed to do the planking, I was relegated to miscellaneous jobs.

Hatches:

View attachment 181164

View attachment 181166

View attachment 181168

The Captain and Boatswain's Cabin:

View attachment 181169

View attachment 181170

View attachment 181172

And Wine Barrels:

View attachment 181173

View attachment 181174

And the planking?

View attachment 181175
I think she did a wonderful job! First Place Metal

View attachment 181176

Currently she is on a business trip to Suzhou and will only return on Saturday evening. Until that time, I am not allowed to do anything. :D

Until next tome - Happy shipbuilding!
Heinrich
My Admiral is falling down laughing!

Hello Everyone

This is just a quick update

With Anna back home we continued the planking ...

WeChat Image_20200929063405.jpg

And it did not take long before the hull was closed up (below the waterline).

WeChat Image_20200929063313.jpg

Thereafter it was a case of slowly and carefully extracting the hull from the jig and removing the top of the bulkheads. I need not have feared ... this was done very easily and Falkonet's score marks on the bulkheads ensured a clean and precise break.

WeChat Image_20200929063410.jpg

And for something totally different ... a new toy ... my brand-new, state-of-the-art Chinese laptop.

WeChat Image_20200929063345.jpg
Now I can peruse everyone's work in ultra-high resolution!

Until next time - Happy Shipbuilding
Heinrich & Anna

Hello Everyone

This is just a quick update

With Anna back home we continued the planking ...

View attachment 182079

And it did not take long before the hull was closed up (below the waterline).

View attachment 182080

Thereafter it was a case of slowly and carefully extracting the hull from the jig and removing the top of the bulkheads. I need not have feared ... this was done very easily and Falkonet's score marks on the bulkheads ensured a clean and precise break.

View attachment 182081

And for something totally different ... a new toy ... my brand-new, state-of-the-art Chinese laptop.

View attachment 182082
Now I can peruse everyone's work in ultra-high resolution!

Until next time - Happy Shipbuilding
Heinrich & Anna
Very pretty planking. Does she give lessons? Maybe I could get my Admiral to watch her videos. We could have a Khan Academy for ship building. Donnie could lecture rigging, Darivs Archetecturvs could do sails, Maarten could discuss historical aspects, and Clair G could tell funny stories. I know I’m missing a lot of great artists, but my scope is yet so small.

Back