Figurehead. Carved.

This is not a CNC. This is handmade. Used hand tools and engraving machine. I am trying to make a sculpture of wood, similar to a real historical, large sculpture carved from marble. Therefore, at the end of the work, I try to polish everything and remove all traces of the cutting tool. This is my style.
This is excellent stile and work to be proud of! Hats off! Thumbs-Up

I'm not sure about the correct Google translation, so I’ll write again. This is handmade. No CNC. Hand tool
and hand engraver.

Alex,
I just thought your carvings are so perfect that they could not have been done by hand, that's all! Apologies for my mistake! They are so perfect, they can only be compared to Ivan's carvings!
How long does it take for you to carve such a figure head?
Janos

Alex,
I just thought your carvings are so perfect that they could not have been done by hand, that's all! Apologies for my mistake! They are so perfect, they can only be compared to Ivan's carvings!
How long does it take for you to carve such a figure head?
Janos
Janos, it's okay! I had to write at the beginning of the topic that it was not a CNC. The figure of Mercury took about 30-35 hours.

Wonderful work - the correct "living" hair and the shirt drapery / the folds of the tight dress - WOW

And I know Willi, alias @schifferlbauer very good....when he says "the best I have ever seen" - he is very critical - so you can believe him 100%

BTW: The ship is also a great model - and I would like to see also more of the work and model(s) of Mikhail Bezverhnim Thumbs-Up

I found this russian page with several photos of the complete model.

This is Alexey Baranov’s page

Back