Flying Dutchman, Occre, 1:50

Some of the pages/illustrations.

1 page of instructions
IMG_2465.JPG

There are 9 pages of inventory items
IMG_2467.JPG

There are nice illustrations.
IMG_2462.JPGIMG_2464.JPG

I'm not sure yet, but looks like the hull is roughed in and painted black. If this is the case, I'll have to make my own planking and do it right. I might be wrong. I hope so.
IMG_2463.JPG

There are some YouTube videos.
YouTube
IMG_2466.JPG

Some of the pages/illustrations.

1 page of instructions
View attachment 333094

There are 9 pages of inventory items
View attachment 333095

There are nice illustrations.
View attachment 333096View attachment 333097

I'm not sure yet, but looks like the hull is roughed in and painted black. If this is the case, I'll have to make my own planking and do it right. I might be wrong. I hope so.
View attachment 333098

There are some YouTube videos.
YouTube
View attachment 333099
Good morning Rob. I will pull up a chair here. 2 builds at once— “now you are talking” . Cheers Grant

Wow, It's a brand-new model. Didn't know they already deliver it. I'm building the Black Pearl and was looking at the Dutchmen. So it's really interesting to watch your build. The kit looks really promising, wish you luck and fun while building it.

Cut out the keel and bulkheads. I have a question.

I was planning on cutting my first rabbet. But looks like there isn't any space for a rabbet on this kit (see image below.) Those of you who have cut rabbets, 1) should I wait on a rabbet until I start a kit with room for a rabbet or 2) should I plan on adding a false keel (correct word??) making room for the rabbet. Thank you.
IMG_2533.JPGIMG_2534.JPGIMG_2535.JPG

Usually with occre kits they dont have you cutting out a rabbit. In the 4 models I have done of their's, they haven't had it. Usually because the keel will install later after planking is done.

Back