Friedrich Wilhelm Zu Pferde 1/48 scale by Euro Model

G'day Jim, and welcome to SOS, thank you for following my build, and thank you for all the likes,

best regards John.

321.jpg
trying out the template for the forward gratings,

322.jpg
I just had enough grating material left to finish the forward grating,

323.jpg
after cutting out,

324.jpg
and in position, I will have to cut an area away where the Gammoning ropes will go down through,

325.jpg
This is the rope I will use for the gammoning,

Hello Neptune, glad to meet someone who is working on the Friedrich. I must say that, so far, most of the infos i got about this ship were pictures and they are not all alike. I mean consider it from an ordinary seaman point of view :). I don't have much to rely on but internet and recently : Ship of Scale...The model I have is no laser cut and scale plans etc. no details as to where to start or finish. But thanks to you guys I am now ready to sail away. One thing that I would like to verify with you if I may... What is the width and the height of your center frame. I would like to know if I scaled up my internet plans to the right height. Many thanks for your tutorial so far. Nice work Neptune...! Notawasaga

Hello Neptune, glad to meet someone who is working on the Friedrich. I must say that, so far, most of the infos i got about this ship were pictures and they are not all alike. I mean consider it from an ordinary seaman point of view :). I don't have much to rely on but internet and recently : Ship of Scale...The model I have is no laser cut and scale plans etc. no details as to where to start or finish. But thanks to you guys I am now ready to sail away. One thing that I would like to verify with you if I may... What is the width and the height of your center frame. I would like to know if I scaled up my internet plans to the right height. Many thanks for your tutorial so far. Nice work Neptune...! Notawasaga

G'day Notawasaga, thank you for the compliments, here are a couple of pics of the plans and I hope these can verify what you already have,

005.jpg
Tis pic above is the centre frame and the widest, it is 188mm wide and 160mm high,

006.jpg
body lines, from the base of the keel to the top of the transom is 264mm,

I hope this helps you out,

best regards John.

G'day Notawasaga, thank you for the compliments, here are a couple of pics of the plans and I hope these can verify what you already have,

View attachment 74510
Tis pic above is the centre frame and the widest, it is 188mm wide and 160mm high,

View attachment 74511
body lines, from the base of the keel to the top of the transom is 264mm,

I hope this helps you out,

best regards John.
IMG_0320[1].JPGIMG_0319[1].JPG

Thank you Neptune, You helped me confirm that I will not work for nothing ---- Yours is bigger than mine but if I go with ratio your center frame is 160 over 188 wich is 0.851 and mine is 135 over 160 which is 0.84......... As for the other frame yours is 264 so for me it would mean 264 X 0.85 224 mine is 220 close enough for me :) now i know that I can keep going with my scaling Many thanks again I watched your demos and they motivate me much.

John
yes, I can see what you mean about the differences between the drawings and the reality of the kit. Unfortunately, commercial interests win!
Janos

Problems are just challenges waiting for your solution. If everything fits like in Plastic world or like a puzzle, there is no fun anymore. I have built since the late 60Th wooden Model, before that Plastic. and yes at least here in Europe thing is changing. Look at the new Soleigh Royal, Agemon etc

Back