Galilee Boat kit from Scott Miller [COMPLETED BUILD]

I’m starting the Galilee Boat by Scott Miller, a maker of excellent guitars. He makes boats and kits based on a boat from the First Century AD that was found at the bottom of the Sea of Galilee. This could very well be the kind of boat that Jesus plied the sea with during the early part of that century. This is how the recovered boat looks today.
4AD020C5-14AC-430E-9BE6-E1C23683BD40.jpeg

Hello Vic. My chair is in the front row- I am seated and wait with anticipation Thumbsup.
I always wonder how you guys build more than one at a time- I don’t think I would ever complete a modelRedface
Thanks, Grant! Actually, when I’m embroiled in a tedious task like rigging guns, I need to break away occasionally and do something a little easier. It’s either that or go downstairs and watch tv. If I do that, I won’t be back the same day.

I see your grain doesn't line up, by any chance are both faces marked with the lines? Maybe he mismatched halves with another set? Mine lined up correctly, both the lines and grain. Also the two halves of the hole for the dowel.

Glenn

I see your grain doesn't line up, by any chance are both faces marked with the lines? Maybe he mismatched halves with another set? Mine lined up correctly, both the lines and grain. Also the two halves of the hole for the dowel.

Glenn
They obviously didn’t line up, so I just used one side as a guide and used my square to adjust them.

I'm looking forward to watching your build. I scratch built the Galilee boat from plans. I used eastern red cedar for my build and really enjoyed it. I also saw the original in Israel as it was originally encased in foam. A lot of history as they carbon dated it to about 200 years ago. Hmmmm, wonder whose fishing boat it was?

Back