Galilee Boat kit from Scott Miller [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I’ll definitely look at other builds to guide my work. It might be a while. Just landed in the hospital Friday with a severe infection and tested positive for Covid. Hope to be out by Monday.
Speedy recovery! Hope all turns out well...!

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I’ll definitely look at other builds to guide my work. It might be a while. Just landed in the hospital Friday with a severe infection and tested positive for Covid. Hope to be out by Monday.
Hi Vic
Sorry to hear that
Get well soon
Keep us posted

The top strake of planking (it looks like the bottom because the boat is built upside down) is supposed to fit in slots on the frames. Paul is right. They aren’t bulkheads. I can’t glue anything to them. I have to glue to the bow and stern. Anyway, the slots in the frames are cut perpendicular to the frames at a right angle. But the planks bow. I now have to cut the slots (notches) at an angle to get the planks to fit in. Also, I had to cut new notches for rubber bands to hold the keel down on the frames. This will take a while.image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
The first strake is laid! It was a little tricky. This strake is not tapered, and it’s only glued at two points: stern and bow. The bow is not glued yet. I think I’ll let it sit overnight and then trim and bevel the end of the bow portion of the strake. View attachment 295788View attachment 295789
Good morning Vic....I see now. Well sort of. Once you have planked the hull do you slide it off the frames and then build in the ribs? If so how on earth do the planks stay together? Excuse my ignorance however this is fascinating. Cheers Grant

Back