• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Golden Hind - OcCre 1:85

Joined
May 22, 2025
Messages
193
Points
88

Location
Coral Gables, Florida
Finally unboxing the Golden Hind model from OcCre, which I got back in October 2024. My particular interest in this ship comes from its connection to Sir Francis Drake, who attacked Cartagena de Indias in 1586, with the Golden Hind serving as his flagship. This one joins my growing collection of ship models with fascinating stories behind them.

Since I’ve had issues with other kits arriving without all the necessary parts, I’ll take some extra time to carefully check that everything is included. I’d rather catch any missing pieces now than end up putting the build on hold later while waiting for replacements.

tempImageWBaR4x.png

tempImageter4HM.png
 
OcCre’s instructions are quite basic for a model marketed toward people who are just starting in the hobby (n my humble opinion).

I did a pre-assembly just to verify that everything fits as it should, and I also used a new tool to cut the material for the deck planks.

tempImageiH5Av0.png

tempImageyIMQEr.png

tempImagefgv8NZ.png

tempImaget0nMAC.png
 
Back
Top