Group Build Logs Restricted for Non-Group Members

So it's been done again??? The group build for Le Coureur is closed to anyone not joining the group! I couldn't even read the kit review, to decide if I WANTED to join the group!

I don't want my signature cluttered with group build badges of models that I have no intention of building just to have the "privilege" of viewing a build log.

I think this policy is foolish and short sighted. What, exactly, does it accomplish?

So it's been done again??? The group build for Le Coureur is closed to anyone not joining the group! I couldn't even read the kit review, to decide if I WANTED to join the group!

I don't want my signature cluttered with group build badges of models that I have no intention of building just to have the "privilege" of viewing a build log.

I think this policy is foolish and short sighted. What, exactly, does it accomplish?
There is no policy Dave ,the badges only for who builds the actual kit or scratch,if you join you can comment ,hit like and such ,other than that ol the groups are open you do not need to joins to read ,nothing has changed they are same like the Blandford group.

Hi YT!

A group build is where several members agree to build the same model and post build logs of it in one particular are. It allows a lot of interaction between members and provides support. Arbitrarily preventing non-group build members from viewing or posting just deprives the group of more input and support.

Hi YT!

A group build is where several members agree to build the same model and post build logs of it in one particular are. It allows a lot of interaction between members and provides support. Arbitrarily preventing non-group build members from viewing or posting just deprives the group of more input and support.
Dave ,you can view and read ,not sure what àyou are talking about ,these groups are open for everybody

There is no policy Dave ,the badges only for who builds the actual kit or scratch,if you join you can comment ,hit like and such ,other than that ol the groups are open you do not need to joins to read ,nothing has changed they are same like the Blandford group.

I just tried to read some posts there and was not allowed to!

I don't know if this can help to clear up the mystery but I get the same message as Dave if I click any pictures in a Group where I'm not a member (all pictures are shown in thumbnail format)

I don't know if this can help to clear up the mystery but I get the same message as Dave if I click any pictures in a Group where I'm not a member (all pictures are shown in thumbnail format)
After work I will look into this,all the groups are public and should visible to everybody

Until than @DocBlake ,you can look at the review here,

The groups works like the wholeforum if you are not a member you can’t see full images only thumbnails

Seems like Dave is correct. This group is not open for general viewing unless they are invited to join. How do we remedy this? Zoltan, the Blandford is visible even if you do NOT log in. The ONLY difference is that all the images are thumbnails and being a member just allows for thumbnails to be larger.
How can we make the Le Coureur the same?

Seems like Dave is correct. This group is not open for general viewing unless they are invited to join. How do we remedy this?
Should be open,alot of members joined themselves,never invited anyone

Back