H.M.Armed Cutter Alert 1777 1:48 POF kit

Dear zoly
I'm glad you got the model and have the right to start building it.
I will follow the progress with great curiosity.
I would be happy if you document each step both in written explanations and lots of pictures and videos, so we can get help with them.
Wishing you pleasure and success in the process, I have no doubt the results will be successful and beautiful.:) Thumbsup Ship-1

zoly99sask

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Dear zoly
I'm glad you got the model and have the right to start building it.
I will follow the progress with great curiosity.
I would be happy if you document each step both in written explanations and lots of pictures and videos, so we can get help with them.
Wishing you pleasure and success in the process, I have no doubt the results will be successful and beautiful.:) Thumbsup Ship-1
I will do images ,probably no videos

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

you will all love the POF-business ;)
It makes really a lot of fun the work on the "real" structure of a ship.
Very good, that you also started a building log of your kit
So: we can change the "maybe" in the list of interested members into "YES"

Kkonrath

Kurt Konrath

A question for those who have the kit, is the jig bottom strong enough to support the kit as weight grows.

In the CAF Le Coureur kit instructions, it suggest using a thick heavier base wood piece to support the build jig during assembly.

A question for those who have the kit, is the jig bottom strong enough to support the kit as weight grows.

In the CAF Le Coureur kit instructions, it suggest using a thick heavier base wood piece to support the build jig during assembly.
Good point. The base 'looks' quite thin in comparison with the weight it will eventually take.
It would be a good Idea to place it permanently on thick toughened glass or another perfectly flat surface like a laminated board. Raw timber boards have a tendency to move with the weather even when sealed.