H.M.Armed Cutter Alert 1777 1:48 POF kit

Hello guys ,I messed up a little bit,I glued together some keep parts before I should cut the rabbet first instead
This is not a problem, Zoly. You can scrape the rabbet using a sheetrock cutter's blade. Use the glue line\border as the guide and carefully scrape until you have a groove. Continue scraping until you satisfy. ;)
Also, suggesting to glue all keel\stem parts together using the template. This will give you the exact match and precision assembly.

Yes, Zoly, you are correct. Apart from the delicate work, fitting cant frames is a bit challenging. You have to make sure the frames 'foot' touch both the rising wood 'heel' and the keel part with no gaps!! (see the red marked area below).

4A4E3E2C-CE05-4ED9-8075-431ED5BD240E.jpg

If you don't mind and I hope you didn't glue the frames yet. Check the fairing templates: one of the templates (outside) should be longer than the inside template. If you connect both end lines you will have that corner you have to shape. If you take a look at the top of the berth, the frames are 'stick out', once you correct shape\bevel 'foot' of the frame the top of frames will be even with the berth top.

Hi Jim ,nothing set there,just placed them there to see how they fit,I am working on the rest of the frames and place them in the template
This is good news, Zoly. I was talking to those beveling templates. The red arrow is for the inside beveling, while the yellow arrow pointing to the outside template. Please take a look, that outside template is a bit shorted (laser cut mark). Don't lose them, they are way important!!!!

A976EDBE-B492-4105-A7DB-469D4A6385C5.jpeg

Back