H.M.S Enterprise plank on frame CAF Models 1/48.

Also Maarten, Great finding showing so much photos of this beautifull model. Makes so much fun to went through the details, but also show me, where I am......there is a long way

Also Maarten, Great finding showing so much photos of this beautifull model. Makes so much fun to went through the details, but also show me, where I am......there is a long way

I wrote „there is a long way“..... I was reading a little bit more about the Hungarian modeler of this Pandora. My wife is Hungarian.
He also built 19 years on this model with somehow 20.000 hours.....so it was also for him a very long way.
Brian, sorry for highjack once more your topic.....

Hallo Brian,
How is your planking works going on?
Hope to see in some time the progress, especially based on last photo we can expect a quality like usual on your built.....I am looking forward....

Hi Guys,

I’m mostly a lurker, hesitant to show my own stuff. But, I do have some input regarding instructions in Chinese;

Apple iPhones (dunno about Android phones) have a “hold-over” feature in Google Translate. The Chinese text is translated into English, and assumably other languages on screen. It is pretty much magic. The translations are usually not spot on, and some discipline specific words aren’t translated, but it is usually enough to extrapolate the meaning if you know the subject.

Hope this helps!

Mark

Hi John,
I have been away from my workbench for some months and will get back into it later in the year.
To answer your question, I will get a sharp scalpel and scrape off the varnish back to bare wood on the outer frame surface area to be glued.

welcome aboard the forum from a fellow Australian.

Hi Brian ! Your model looks amazing ! When can we expect more updates?

I must say i have officialy lost my mind and so i have purchased this kit... after seeing your progress and all the detailing you have posted here during the building stages, i feel more "confident" (NOT) on giving it a try ... at least i will have someone to help me with some doubts that will for sure come, mainly due to the instructions "guessing and intuition", like you have refered before and other modelers from other chinese builds.
I still have to deal with the upcoming "WIFE" consequences from this purchase, (HELP !!!) but one thing at the time... ::D

Keep up the good job i will stay tunned!

Ja Ja......Brian is guilty and responsible for that.....The same with me, when I was thinking about buying such a chinese kit....
But with me, Brian has to share the responsibility with ADC ;)
-> You have to tell your wife, that you will work with such a kit over hundreds and hundreds of hours - so it is small money per hour
This argument worked with my "Wife-Admiral" when I explained my "investment".

So we hope to see asap a new building log ...... would be great

Ja Ja...
-> You have to tell your wife, that you will work with such a kit over hundreds and hundreds of hours - so it is small money per hour
This argument worked with my "Wife-Admiral" when I explained my "investment".

That was exactly my excuse to her when i bought the 1/200 bismarck with the photoetch upgrade. It worked fine. I guess i will have to finish that one first in order to able to play the same card, its 3/4 way done .

Hi.
So i have been picking around and i found this 3D model from the HMS Pandora, where you can match the same rudder picture from this page with the presented ones at the ebay seller for this kit. I was not sure if this link had been posted here before but i didn't find it. I am sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this stuff but i thought it would be usefull.

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1124-hms-pandora-1779-in-3d/

I have seen this before,there is a Cgi forum where sombody is doing a Cgi rendering for some sailing ships,looks awesome.

Hi Britto,
glad to see you have purchased this kit, as I think this along with La Salamandra bomb ketch are the best in the business as far as plank on frame kits are concerned.
I have stepped away from model ship building for the time being as I am renovating my house and building a new workshop.

A few photos below of my partially completed workshop. cheers.

..IMG_2449.JPGIMG_2448.JPG

Back