H.M.S. Fly, Victory models.

yes ill need them no doubt but then i can leave the lines as they are or not ?? in other words the planking lines look ok now ??

Hello tonphil,
I just picked up on your Fly build and will continue to watch as I am building the same model. I like tour idea of balsa wood fillers. I have found out the hard way how easy it is to warp the underlayer planking out of it's intended plane thus creating much too much sanding and filler to correct. I will use that on my next build.
I can see how it would also be a tremendous help in fairing up the bulkheads.

Hello tonphil,
I just picked up on your Fly build and will continue to watch as I am building the same model. I like tour idea of balsa wood fillers. I have found out the hard way how easy it is to warp the underlayer planking out of it's intended plane thus creating much too much sanding and filler to correct. I will use that on my next build.
I can see how it would also be a tremendous help in fairing up the bulkheads.
Yes thanks. They worked out good the fillers and since I had the balsa I added as much as I could. I’ve been following your build too. I’m about to start the walnut planking I layed the garboard planks today. I want it perfect so I’ll be going slowly with it adding stealers if needed. A lot of measuring and remeasuring as the kit doesn’t supply too many extra planks. Tony

Back