H.M.S. PEGASUS - Swan Class by David Antscherl & Greg Herbert Scale 1:36

if it is useful, I have made a video showing my method for making hinges.

G,

I'm just catching up on your build, once again. Your video has clearly illustrated seemingly complex challenges can have workable solutions, provided a builder approaches the challenge systematically.

There does seem to be one or two prerequisite abilities. Of note, nimble fingers and very good eyesight (even with magnification). The one thing I was very impressed with was your aim with that square-headed hammer! The surface area of the face of that hammer seemed to cover 1/2 the area of the door you were working on. How you managed to strike that tiny nail and nothing else, including your fingers was pretty impressive indeed. Personally I will need to find a much smaller hammer. ROTF

A couple of other things I took note of were, patience, patience, patience. Don't rush anything and don't move onto the next task until the previous task is complete. This, I believe for many, including myself, takes discipline indeed.

Your video was extremely valuable to me as it illustrated a very workable method for creating accurately scaled and functioning hinges, something everyone finds challenging. Your contribution, in this respect is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for sharing your skills.

Ken

G,

I'm just catching up on your build, once again. Your video has clearly illustrated seemingly complex challenges can have workable solutions, provided a builder approaches the challenge systematically.

There does seem to be one or two prerequisite abilities. Of note, nimble fingers and very good eyesight (even with magnification). The one thing I was very impressed with was your aim with that square-headed hammer! The surface area of the face of that hammer seemed to cover 1/2 the area of the door you were working on. How you managed to strike that tiny nail and nothing else, including your fingers was pretty impressive indeed. Personally I will need to find a much smaller hammer. ROTF

A couple of other things I took note of were, patience, patience, patience. Don't rush anything and don't move onto the next task until the previous task is complete. This, I believe for many, including myself, takes discipline indeed.

Your video was extremely valuable to me as it illustrated a very workable method for creating accurately scaled and functioning hinges, something everyone finds challenging. Your contribution, in this respect is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for sharing your skills.

Ken
What can I say?
Thank you for your words!
I am happy to be of help to other modellers! ;)

I agree with Adi - very good work on the deck structure - accurate alignment - Bravo

Come fai a sopportare di lasciare tutto questo lavoro bellissimo nascosto quando il progetto sarà finito? Complimenti!

How can you bear to leave all this beautiful work hidden when the project is done? Well done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!
Actually, I take inspiration from your work too, having the luck that you are at a more advanced stage than me!
Just found your log and completed studying sheet 1 and can say what others have said "Fantastic work". I studied the photos of the end mill work and can only imagine how much work it would be to cut the
Found your log today and only studied up to sheet 1, but what fantastic work. I can only imagine the work to mill the axial cut in the forward apron. Just Amazing. What wood and you using? I had better get back to sheet 2 if I'm going to catch up.

Back