H.M.S. Victory Constructo - by Wooden Ship Crafts

Happy Saturday!

A small update on my progress. Below are the parts without glue. Just to see how they all look together and whether I can correct anything before gluing.
I am still not sure how to properly fix the position of both ledders.
Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 01.06.33.pngScreenshot 2020-12-05 at 01.06.18.png Any suggestions are welcome.

My goal over the weekend is to glue it all together and move to the next step.

Interestingly, with all my travels I've had in 2020, I can't find the Varnish that I used for the lower deck.

Update: I've found varnish in my apartment.

Last edited:
Hello, Ship of Scale friends,

After reading around the Ships of Scale forum, I decided to start my own Build Log. I have no experience building such models, so it will be great if you could support me here. My model is H.M.S. Victory wooden ship from Constructo.

Size
It is a 1 to 94 scale model.
Length: 111cm
Width: 40cm
Height: 80cm

Why did I decide to build Victory?
First of all, I like how it looks. It is big enough to dig into the details. Also, I wanted to work less with colors, and focus on wood and oil when building. When I was searching on the internet, I checked different models, but after seeing HMS Victory, my eye didn't stop with the other model.

8 years ago, I did try to start with the Deagostini HMS Victory, however, I made a mistake. I decided to wait for all 120-140 (don't remember for sure) magazines before I start. So I've lost motivation. While waiting, I bought a small version of HMS Victory with a solid body, so I can work on something while waiting for Deagostini complete set of magazines. I've built it, but, it is nothing compared to kits when you have to build a ship body yourself.

Pricing
The price for this wooden ship model from Constructo is £309 on Amazon UK. I've seen on other websites plus-minus £30.

Quality
Pictures on the Amazon UK website for this model were better than other ones I've checked, that was one of the reasons I stopped with Constructo. The box, as well as its content, is just great. I have no previous model ships to compare with, but from what I saw on the other videos, mine is pretty good quality.

Motivation
In order to keep myself motivated and receive some feedback, I created a YouTube channel called Wooden Ship Crafts. The plan is to upload my progress on a weekly basis.
Also, this particular model is a birthday present from my wife, so I just don't have any excuse, why shouldn't I build it :).

I could never imagine, I would find a forum like this where like-minded people build and share their progress. So I am happy to find Ships of Scale forum as well as the Build Logs.

What's inside the box?
In the video, I've created a few days ago, I show the content of the H.M.S. Victory wooden ship model. Have a look, and let me know your thought or if you have any questions related to the content or any item inside. I will be happy to answer.

HMS Victory History
HMS Victory is a 104-gun first-rate ship of the line of the Royal Navy, ordered in 1758, laid down in 1759 and launched in 1765. She is best known for her role as Lord Nelson's flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar on 21 October 1805.

She additionally served as Keppel's flagship at Ushant, Howe's flagship at Cape Spartel and Jervis's flagship at Cape St Vincent. After 1824, she was relegated to the role of harbour ship.

In 1922, she was moved to a dry dock at Portsmouth, England, and preserved as a museum ship. She has been the flagship of the First Sea Lord since October 2012 and is the world's oldest naval ship still in commission, with 241 years' service as of 2019.
Hallo @Wooden Ship Crafts
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Happy Birthday!! Birthday-Cake
Have an stunning birthday Max. I have gone through your build log and have enjoyed it- great videos. I wish I was behind you in my Victory build as I have learned plenty of what I should have done from your log thus far. @Alexander74 (Sasha)is also building a Victory and is amazing- I have learned a lot from him. His technical knowledge and understanding of the ship is really good.

Your foundation is brilliant and those decks look great- you going to build an awesome Victory here. I have booked a front row seat...a little late but there is one still available.ROTF

Cheers
Grant

Back