HARBOR DREDGE/ KRIS SZKUTNIK

OK ANOTHER UPDATE, THE SPIDER WEB IS ALMOST COMPLETE JUST A FEW MORE ELEMENTS TO BE INSTALLED, IT IS DRY FITTED IN PLACE, THIS WAS A LONG AND FRAGILE PROCEDURE, VERY, VERY DELICATE WORK, IT SHOULD STIFFEN UP ONCE SOME DECK PLANKING IS INSTALLED, I AM GOING TO USE ALDER, WITH WIPE ON POLY, WITCH GIVES A RED TINT I LIKE IT A LOT, THERE ARE MORE VERY DELICATE ITEMS TO COME, MAINLY WHEN OUT OF THE JIG IT HAS TO BE TURNED OVER TO INSTALL THE BOTTOM PLANKING THAT IS GOING TO BE FUN I HOPE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Attachments

• 20210827_205837.jpg
    20210827_205837.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210827_205919.jpg
    20210827_205919.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210827_210132.jpg
    20210827_210132.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 10
OK ANOTHER UPDATE, THE SPIDER WEB IS ALMOST COMPLETE JUST A FEW MORE ELEMENTS TO BE INSTALLED, IT IS DRY FITTED IN PLACE, THIS WAS A LONG AND FRAGILE PROCEDURE, VERY, VERY DELICATE WORK, IT SHOULD STIFFEN UP ONCE SOME DECK PLANKING IS INSTALLED, I AM GOING TO USE ALDER, WITH WIPE ON POLY, WITCH GIVES A RED TINT I LIKE IT A LOT, THERE ARE MORE VERY DELICATE ITEMS TO COME, MAINLY WHEN OUT OF THE JIG IT HAS TO BE TURNED OVER TO INSTALL THE BOTTOM PLANKING THAT IS GOING TO BE FUN I HOPE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON
With your practiced skill in your dredge frames you would be above entry level if you were to start a YQ BN POF build which has had plenty of posts about those challenges. Yours look very well set after some midcourse corrections which are history and will be covered over as you progress. Rich (PT-2)
P.S. I do not speak of YQ BN framing with actual hands on as mine is still in the drydock.

THANK YOU RICH, I HAVE STARTED THE BN HAVE DONE A LITTLE OVER HALF THE FRAMES PUT IN AWAY FOR A WHILE, WILL BE STARTING IT VERY SOON. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

THANK YOU RICH, I HAVE STARTED THE BN HAVE DONE A LITTLE OVER HALF THE FRAMES PUT IN AWAY FOR A WHILE, WILL BE STARTING IT VERY SOON. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
Diversion is a great relaxant. I have been listening to Irish Pub Songs and Ballads while working on repetative tasks to make time pass more enjoyably. Still waiting for plans for an ancient Phonecian Trade boat to arrive . . . . I wish I could find the order copy to follow it up. I seem to be drifting into the SoS harbor of kits waiting to be opened and built!!! Looking forward to seeing your planking of the dredge and working parts. Rich

MORE PROGRESS, THE SPIDER WEB IS DRY FITTED AND READY TO BE GLUED, IT IS STRENGHTENING UP, DOW TO ADD SOME DECK PLANKING AND THEN DECISION TIME AS WHAT COMES NEXT, THIS SO FAR IS A JOY TO BUILD AGAIN THANKS KRIS WISH YOU WOULD HAVE TIME TO DO ANOTHER ONE FOR ME. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Attachments

• 20210901_230045.jpg
    20210901_230045.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 7
My friend - it is looking very good - you are on a good way

My friend - it is looking very good - you are on a good way
In watching your progress I realized that I had not seen the barge and had to go back to your first posting of the model. What brought your attention to this one. It is certainly a different one and if the box cover is a hint, it could make an "informative" diorama a significant part of the project. I will be watching as you progress to see how the operational elements are done. Rich (PT-2)

In watching your progress I realized that I had not seen the barge and had to go back to your first posting of the model. What brought your attention to this one. It is certainly a different one and if the box cover is a hint, it could make an "informative" diorama a significant part of the project. I will be watching as you progress to see how the operational elements are done. Rich (PT-2)
The drawing for the barge is also included in the monograph - still enough work for Don in the future, and still a lot for the dredger by itself
IMG_14231.jpg IMG_14221.jpg

I wonder if this can be a working model given a compatible presentation or diorama? This will be engrossing to watch. Rich (PT-2)
I was thinking the same thing Rich. There is actually no reason why it can't be made into a fully functional model. The issue is to find a way of rotating the wheels - remember, in real life the motive power came from 5 men - three in the bigger wheel and two in the smaller wheel. It wasn't called the "hamster cage" for nothing!

I was thinking the same thing Rich. There is actually no reason why it can't be made into a fully functional model. The issue is to find a way of rotating the wheels - . It wasn't called the "hamster cage" for nothing!
Hamster powered?? :)

HI ALL THANKS FOR LOOKING AT MY LOG, AND FOR ALL THE LIKES AND COMMENTS GREATLY APPRECIATED, AS FAR AS THE HAMSTER, MICE GERBILELS BEYOND MY SKILL LEVEL, HERE IS MORE PROGRESS, THE SPIDER WEB IS GLUED IN PLACE DRY FITTING SOME PLANKING MATERIAL IS RED GUM 2 COATS OF WIPE ON POLY, ALSO SHOWING THE FIRST OPERATIO PARTS CAN NOT INSTALL THEM NOW AS THEY WILL BREAK WHEN I HAVE TO TURN MODEL OVER, THIS REQUIRES SOME PRECISE MESURAMENTS TO KEEP THEM EVEN SIDE TO SIDE WIT THE NOTCHES FOR PLANKING DONE AHEAD OF TIME ALSO NEEDS PRECISE BOW AND STERN, AS UWE SAID THIS IS NOT OVER BY ANY MEANS STILL A LONG WAY TO GO SO FAR A ENJOYABLE BUILB THANKS KRIS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Attachments

• 20210904_202409.jpg
    20210904_202409.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210904_202633.jpg
    20210904_202633.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210904_202738.jpg
    20210904_202738.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210904_203855.jpg
    20210904_203855.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 8
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION RICH AS SOME OF YOU KNOW I LIKE DIFFERENT SUBJECTS AND MODEL ENGENRING DIFFERENT MODEL BUILDING TECH LIKE THE RUSSIANS AND CHINEESE I HAVE BEEN INTERESTED IN FRENCH SHIPS FOR A WHILE AND I TACKELED A BUILD THAT WAS BEYOND MY SKILL LEVEL ESPECIALLY AS I WAS AGEING LE ROCHEFORT BUT IT IS NOT DEAD YET GOING TO DO A STERN BUILD OF IT SO CONTACTED KRIS FOR THE SEMI/SCRATCH WHAT I USED TO DO CAN NOT DO IT ANYMORE EYESIGHT CONFINED TO WHEEL CHAIR ETC NOT AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS TROUGH JESUES I AM PROCEDING, THAT IS THE STORY OF WHY I CHOSE THIS SUBJECT MODEL. GOD BLESS STAY SAFEBALL DON

OK A LITTLE MORE THIS IS REALLY BECOMING SLOW ALL DUE TO PHUSICAL PROBLEMS BEING IN A WHEEL CHAIR WORKING THROUGH THEM WITH JESUES HELP HOPEFULLY PROGRESS IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, SHOWING PLANKING BEING INSTALLED AND PARTS DRY FITTED I THINK IT IS PROGERSSING NICELY. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Attachments

• 20210904_203855.jpg
    20210904_203855.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210915_020247.jpg
    20210915_020247.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 9
Back