Hello, First time builder.

Hi there, I am currently about 150 hrs into my first build, Mamoli 1:90 scale HMS Victory. I am on another group as well, modelshipworld. I saw your group on a post by a guy from Canada who I am following at the minute, same boat as me, He is on here, YT. His build is such high quality it keeps me inspired. I am off work at the moment following surgery to remove some very painful cysts from both feet, so everything is on hold. I have laid the boat up in "dry dock" for a while anyway till I get a big house project completed, that is why the damn thing has taken me nearly 14 years so far, (house move, second child, big extension project, work, etc etc) but I can see the light at the end of this tunnel, so it shouldn't be too long before I pick up tools again down in my boat shed. Here are a few pics of my build so far, I will start a proper build log once I get going again. They might not be in the right order but you get the idea.

IMG_0064.JPGIMG_0076.JPGIMG_0384.JPGIMG_0385.JPGIMG_3913.JPGIMG_0297.JPGIMG_0298.JPGIMG_0299.JPG

Welcome to SOS Spider and your Victory as well. We will all enjoy watching it come to life.

Welcome Spider!
HMS Victory sounds challenging for a first build, but it looks like you're doing a great job.
If you run into any roadblocks, just ask. Everyone is always happy to help.
Cheers!

Back