Hi everyone - I'm the new guy

Just joined the forum as you have some really interesting stuff going on!

Let's get this out of the way - I'm mostly an aviation modeller (there I said it) but do have one ship build under my belt - USS Arizona in 1/200th,

Arizona (231 of 19).jpgArizona (228 of 19).jpguntitled-35.JPGuntitled-29.JPG

The reason I'm here though, is this lady:-

Victory (2 of 13)-2.jpgIMG_8540.JPGuntitled-19.JPG

I've been working on this, off and on (mostly off) for probably about ten years now and have got to the stage where I can't avoid string any longer.

So I'm just 3D printing a rope server/gallery and you seem to have some very useful resources for that already.

I'm no stranger to scratch building and I've had a crack at photo etching, 3D printing, I've got a small engineers lathe so turn parts, etc.

I've also done a bit of card modelling (which is how I made the monogrammed buckets in the photo above in the end) but rigging and masting is new to me. I have all the right books, but the terminology is a real handful.

Anyway, enough about me - nice to meet you all!

Regards,

Nick

Welcome on board SOS!! Your models are looking great, nice clean built. you can ask for help by simply posting a question. However, a better, I should say another way is - to start a new build log of yours. It doesn't have to be a brand new build, you can continue with the existing one, Victory for example. In any way, welcome again, and happy modeling.

G'day Nick from the Land Downunder
Welcome to our family here on SOS.
Welcome on board SOS!! Your models are looking great, nice clean built. you can ask for help by simply posting a question. However, a better, I should say another way is - to start a new build log of yours. It doesn't have to be a brand new build, you can continue with the existing one, Victory for example. In any way, welcome again, and happy modeling.
I havta agree with Jim 100%. He told you everything and I'm looking forward to see your progress on this wonderful model. Well done.
I was into RC planes years ago, but I was always fixing or rebuilding my planes, so I went into ships, and I quickly fell in love with this hobby. That was errrr......about 30ish years ago.
Just recently, I been checking out the RC planes again as I moved quite close the RC airfield.

Hi Jim, thanks for the welcome.

I took your advice and started a thread on my Victory build.

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/hms-victory-1-72-caldercraft.2923/

Regards

Nick

Back