HM Armed Cutter "Alert" 1777 VM (Vanguard models) by Milos

Milos-B.

Content of the box look very nice, professionally wrapped to prevent damage during transport. Nice instruction manual Immediately caught my attention, and have to admit that VM really take care to explain step by step for building the model. Also personal note from Chris ( quite nice ) is inside the box explaining small details for stern supports assembling

Wood looks good, A lot of PE parts specially for the small kit as this one. All parts looks nicely and precisely cut

HM Armed Cutter Alert 1777 VM 2.jpgHM Armed Cutter Alert 1777 VM 3.jpgHM Armed Cutter Alert 1777 VM 3a.jpgHM Armed Cutter Alert 1777 VM 4.jpgHM Armed Cutter Alert 1777 VM 4a.jpg

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Looking like a very well prepared kit - good to see if this is the case for the complete kit assembly.
I will follow your building log with big interest - Thanks for starting it :cool:

Milos-B.

Looking like a very well prepared kit - good to see if this is the case for the complete kit assembly.
I will follow your building log with big interest - Thanks for starting it :cool:
Hi Uwe , Really the kit itself is quite nice prepared. The thing fascinating are instructions with pictures and explanation. I believe that VM really take this to next level.

zoly99sask

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Hi,I will follow this build with interest ,as probably I will build the POF Chinese Alert kit.

Alsso to have better layout and view of your images please hit the Full images button before posting,thanks.

AB795929-49D1-4E32-95A6-6A6B80209062.jpeg

jekyllmau

Hi, guys! I realize that part of this kit of made of MDF, don't know if this is usual in other kits, and wander if humidity would affect the model with time.

JANET

I am not a great lover of MDF, after my experience with another kit using it which I threw away I think I shall stay with real wood.
Regards JANET

Jimsky

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

Many kits manufacture using Medium-density fibreboard (MDF) for bulkheads and other structural parts. In my opinion, it is better than plywood in a sence that it doesn't not subject to extreme weather conditions, whether it is high humidity or vice versa - heat.

Jimsky

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

I found with MDF if you break a piece off it was not very easy to graft another part on.
Regards JANET
I totally agree, Janet. It is not an easy material to work with, but assembling multiple kits made in Russia I found MDF really rigged and a great substitution to the ply due to the fact it does not warp under weather conditions.

On another note: do you have any progress to share with us with you Hanna build? Please don't let us wait for long! ;)

JANET

Hi JIMSKY.
Thank you for dropping a message , I have been extremely ill I am making very very slow progress on HANNA. I am converlesing at this moment I guess ,my age is catching up with me. You can be assured as soon as i am well i will be back to my wonderfull hobby.
My dearest regards JANET

donfarr

Blandford Group Build

MY BEST WISHES ALSO JANET, YOUR WORK IS SUPERB. Don