HM Armed Cutter "Alert" 1777 VM (Vanguard models) by Milos

So it is begin. This will be my building log of HM Armed Cutter "Alert" 1777 VM (Vanguard models). I will try to address to all issues which will experience along the way and your assistants will be much appreciated.

HM Armed Cutter Alert 1777 VM 1.jpg

Content of the box look very nice, professionally wrapped to prevent damage during transport. Nice instruction manual Immediately caught my attention, and have to admit that VM really take care to explain step by step for building the model. Also personal note from Chris ( quite nice ) is inside the box explaining small details for stern supports assembling

Wood looks good, A lot of PE parts specially for the small kit as this one. All parts looks nicely and precisely cut

HM Armed Cutter Alert 1777 VM 2.jpgHM Armed Cutter Alert 1777 VM 3.jpgHM Armed Cutter Alert 1777 VM 3a.jpgHM Armed Cutter Alert 1777 VM 4.jpgHM Armed Cutter Alert 1777 VM 4a.jpg

Looking like a very well prepared kit - good to see if this is the case for the complete kit assembly.
I will follow your building log with big interest - Thanks for starting it :cool:
Hi Uwe , Really the kit itself is quite nice prepared. The thing fascinating are instructions with pictures and explanation. I believe that VM really take this to next level.

Many kits manufacture using Medium-density fibreboard (MDF) for bulkheads and other structural parts. In my opinion, it is better than plywood in a sence that it doesn't not subject to extreme weather conditions, whether it is high humidity or vice versa - heat.

I found with MDF if you break a piece off it was not very easy to graft another part on.
Regards JANET
I totally agree, Janet. It is not an easy material to work with, but assembling multiple kits made in Russia I found MDF really rigged and a great substitution to the ply due to the fact it does not warp under weather conditions.

On another note: do you have any progress to share with us with you Hanna build? Please don't let us wait for long! ;)

Back