HMB ENDEAVOUR - New 1/65 Artesania Latina Model

Well I finally finished all the main rigging and added all the decoration, and added swivel guns. I still have to mount the other three anchors which are now finished and the ships boats need to be finished and loaded onboard. I'm feeling pretty confident that she will be ready for EXPO in 3 weeks time.

UPDATE: yes I have a couple of touch ups on the hull to finish and one of the foremast studdingsail booms popped out of its hoop; I forgot I haven't lashed them in yet....
IMG_0394.jpg

Last edited:
Cannons are in and fitted with their restraints. Fitting up the running out and steering tackle now with three canons to go. I thought I would downsize yet again to 2mm single blocks connected to 2.5mm doubles using 0.35mm Ropes of Scale rope for strops and 0.15mm Amarti thread for the tackle. Going dow to this six, I need to work out a way of creating more scale sized hooks.

IMG_0395.jpg

Well I finally finished all the main rigging and added all the decoration, and added swivel guns. I still have to mount the other three anchors which are now finished and the ships boats need to be finished and loaded onboard. I'm feeling pretty confident that she will be ready for EXPO in 3 weeks time.

UPDATE: yes I have a couple of touch ups on the hull to finish and one of the foremast studdingsail booms popped out of its hoop; I forgot I haven't lashed them in yet....
View attachment 324944
Good morning Peter. I love it. How do you keep your cutting mat so clean.... :oops: Cheers Grant

Good morning Peter. I love it. How do you keep your cutting mat so clean.... :oops: Cheers Grant
Its a brand new mat for the room upgrade and ready of r the next model. I plan to have a roll of greaseproof paper off to the right of the matt to pull across the matt for glueing up/staining etc.

ally planked (well one half anyway) with the pre spiled walnut veneer supplied with the kit. I had to remove 8 frames and 28mm from the Pinnace as it was the right width but way too long. The only obstacle with the Pinnace was working out between which frames to remove the 28mm and then cut and scarf the keel and still match the frame positions in the jig.
I will have to do some frame height adjustments to ensure the sheer is fair before putting on the coverboards.

IMG_0396.jpg

Well the 2022 Canberra Model Shipwrights Society Expo has been and gone. Over 100 entries of which 60+ were wooden sailing ship related showed there's still interest in tis hobby despite the long break for COVID.
I was very pleasantly surprised to be awarded the Public and Modellers choice with ENDEAVOUR.
Sill some work to do to finalise the model but its time to get going with a new build log for the Amarti 1/60 BOUNTY -
Build Log @ https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/amati-1-60-hms-bounty.10491/

Don't mind the self-portrait on the wall. I do like wildlife photography when I'm not in the workshop.....

Unknown.jpg

Last edited:
Well the 2022 Canberra Model Shipwrights Society Expo has been and gone. Over 100 entries of which 60+ were wooden sailing ship related showed there's still interest in tis hobby despite the long break for COVID.
I was very pleasantly surprised to be awarded the Public and Modellers choice with ENDEAVOUR.
Sill some work to do to finalise the model but its time to get going with a new build log for the Amarti 1/60 BOUNTY -
Build Log @ https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/amati-1-60-hms-bounty.10491/

Don't mind the self-portrait on the wall. I do like wildlife photography when I'm not in the workshop.....

View attachment 329249
Good morning- Well deserved it is a beautiful model- self portrait ROTF . Cheers Grant

View attachment 324944
Wonderful work , my congratulations , some pics I took of the Endeavour in Sydney last week

E206467E-3E83-4FCA-BB49-B5C61363D735.jpeg

Back