HMS Agamemnon Build Log

View attachment 123475

Everyone: Im somewhat jumping in half way through the dance with my build log. While Im working on the ratlines and shrouds and stays right now I thought I would post pics first of when the hull was close to done and take it from there. This pic was two years ago.. with work and life I havent made as much progress as I would have liked.. but with my sights on the HMS Winchelsea Im keen on getting the Agamemnon done. So here is the first of a few pics

Mike Draper
Whitehorse, Yukon

Hi Mike, nice well built model, am looking forward to watching your log. How long do you think it will take to complete?
I can see why you are keen to start with Winchelsea. I'm watching it develop into a a very attractive model on the MSW site.

Very good looking model - and many thanks, that you started this building log in between your work on this ship.
I guess it is the Jotika / Caldercraft kit in scale 1:64, or?
I will follow your work with big interest

20190415_002834.jpg

IMG_4224.JPG
Very good looking model - and many thanks, that you started this building log in between your work on this ship.
I guess it is the Jotika / Caldercraft kit in scale 1:64, or?
I will follow your work with big interest
Yes.. its the Caldercraft kit in 1:64 scale. I have done some modifications to the kit.. I have full guns and carriages on the lower deck as well as used maple for the hull planking as well as the deck planking. Im also planning to have full sails on her as well. Hopefully I will have her done by mid summer 2020! Wish me luck!

Mike Draper

Yes.. its the Caldercraft kit in 1:64 scale. I have done some modifications to the kit.. I have full guns and carriages on the lower deck as well as used maple for the hull planking as well as the deck planking. Im also planning to have full sails on her as well. Hopefully I will have her done by mid summer 2020! Wish me luck!
Good luck, Mike!

View attachment 123475

Everyone: Im somewhat jumping in half way through the dance with my build log. While Im working on the ratlines and shrouds and stays right now I thought I would post pics first of when the hull was close to done and take it from there. This pic was two years ago.. with work and life I havent made as much progress as I would have liked.. but with my sights on the HMS Winchelsea Im keen on getting the Agamemnon done. So here is the first of a few pics

Mike Draper
Whitehorse, Yukon
Hi Mike,

Is it the Syren Winchelsea you are aiming for? This looks like a great "kit". Looking foreward to this project allthough your agamemnon is also a beauty.

Maarten: Yes.. the Winchelsea project is sitting on the sidelines as we speak. While its tempting to start it now I want to see the Agamemnon completed. I have been working on the Agamemnon for a long time so Im keen on seeing it completed. Im stoked on getting the Winchelsea started soon!

MIKE

Beautiful work Mike,

is there any chance you can post a picture of the stern area so we can see the work in this area please?

Best of luck finishing the kit it is going to look fantastic when complete.

Beautiful work Mike,

is there any chance you can post a picture of the stern area so we can see the work in this area please?

Best of luck finishing the kit it is going to look fantastic when complete.

Thanks.. you are right.. I havent posted any stern gallery shots lately. I have attached one that I took this morning. I notice I have missed a few spots that I will have to go over with a paint brush but you get the idea of what I have done with the stern.

Im now busy working on the yards.. slow work for sure. Also finished one of the small launches as well. will post pics once I get it mounted on the deck.

Enjoy

Mike Draper

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4260.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back